TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of right now we have a launch date of November 1st. It looks as if the beta testing of the forum is going well and all of you moderators seem to know the moderation tools pretty well.

This November 1st launch date is dependant on if the new website design is ready to launch by then. I want the new site and the new forum to launch at the same time. Chris (aka Maverick) is working on getting the new website completed and says that November 1st should not be a problem.

One thing we want to convey to you moderators, once the new forum launches you need to be picky on attachments. Deleting attachments of useless content is encouraged to reduce bandwith, now im talking about the attachments that are hosted on our servers. Those hosted elsewhere will have no inpact on us. We need to try to reduce as much bandwith as possible until we know how much the forum will suck up.

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
Is there any way you can turn that feature off? Like they do on the Pirate board unless you are a paying member.
:explode:

·
www.madmav.com
547 Posts
Crash said:
Is there any way you can turn that feature off? Like they do on the Pirate board unless you are a paying member.
Turn Attachments off? Yes, and we can also limit the size, which currently is set low. As for turning it off for all but paying members, its possible but I dont think Shannon wants to have paying members, but Ill let him speak on that.

Will test the waters with doing it if they kill the bandwith we will have to shut them off.

Im just mainly just worried about stupid attachments that have no relevance to the thread or board. Attachments are uploaded to our servers and uses our bandwith, linking images from other sites or servers does not effect us and so I dont care.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Shannon, can we all get on the same page as far as what "guidelines" to go by for moderators. So one person isn't doing it differently than the next?

--Scott

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Crash said:
:explode:
We will not have paying members like Pirate does. The attachment file size that a user will be able to upload will be set really low...so hopefully most people will load their images on their own server and link to it. This is mainly the whole reason for setting the attachment file size really low is so they will upload their attacments someplace else.

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fishbone said:
Shannon, can we all get on the same page as far as what "guidelines" to go by for moderators. So one person isn't doing it differently than the next?

--Scott
If you notice, there is an announcement posted at the top of all forums titled "Member Guidelines [Please Read Before Making Your First Post]"

Read them as it lays down the rules for the users and will be your guide as far as moderating goes.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
TACOZILLA said:
If you notice, there is an announcement posted at the top of all forums titled "Member Guidelines [Please Read Before Making Your First Post]"

Read them as it lays down the rules for the users and will be your guide as far as moderating goes.

10-4 :cool:

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
TACOZILLA said:
We will not have paying members like Pirate does. The attachment file size that a user will be able to upload will be set really low...so hopefully most people will load their images on their own server and link to it. This is mainly the whole reason for setting the attachment file size really low is so they will upload their attacments someplace else.
I don't want our members to pay either. I was just asking if you could turn it off. I guess the way I worded it made it sound that way though.

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Crash said:
I don't want our members to pay either. I was just asking if you could turn it off. I guess the way I worded it made it sound that way though.
If we disable the image attachment feature it will shut it down where no images can be displayed...whether it be on our server or somebody elses.

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
TACOZILLA said:
If we disable the image attachment feature it will shut it down where no images can be displayed...whether it be on our server or somebody elses.
Damn, That sucks! I thought you could just shut off images from being upload to your server. Yeah, turning off images all together wont go over really well huh. LOL :banghead:

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
TACOZILLA said:
Deleting attachments of useless content is encouraged to reduce bandwith, now im talking about the attachments that are hosted on our servers. Those hosted elsewhere will have no inpact on us. We need to try to reduce as much bandwith as possible until we know how much the forum will suck up.
As a noobie mod, my question is, "How do I tell the difference?"

BTW, I have always agreed with the free aspect of TTORA. As we discussed, there are some additional features to this board format that I personally consider beneficial, such as posting attachments, as well as having a small pic for a sig...without paying Delphi for either.

·
Hoist The Colors!
15,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you right click on the image a drop down menu will appear. At the very bottom of this drop down menu you will see "Properties", click on it and it will show you the path from where the image is coming. If the path is http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/attachment.php? then you know it is being hosted from our server.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
TACOZILLA said:
If you right click on the image a drop down menu will appear. At the very bottom of this drop down menu you will see "Properties", click on it and it will show you the path from where the image is coming. If the path is http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/attachment.php? then you know it is being hosted from our server.
OK, I'll check that out.

Looks like I might be one of the guilty ones.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts