TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heres a few pics of my current progress
note that the bracket needs a few gussets, and that the belts are just held on to check alignment...

more to come..

·
Registered
388 Posts
Why are doing this? Just upgrading?

·
Registered
324 Posts
thats a totaly seperate compressor, so your still gonna have ac, or does it delete that?

·
Split it open-Eat it out!
659 Posts
nice work lindsay. Looks like it's going to be long ass belt to run the Alt, OBA compressor and SC.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
nice work lindsay. Looks like it's going to be long ass belt to run the Alt, OBA compressor and SC.
yup.. i need a 67 inch belt
all i can find is up to 50 inch and then it jumps to 97 inch

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
Looks good, you should add another compressor on the other side so you can use the 97" belt:D

LOL... or he could just JB weld it ;)!

On a serious note, where would you get something like that made up?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i found the belt today, it was a 68 inch belt so it should work perfect!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
update:
got the belt on, seems to fit pretty good

still have to do gussets (slight vibration due to lack of support)

fab a plate for inlet and exhaust ports

·
Premium Member
11,173 Posts
It is hard to tell, but is the belt even touching the Alternator pulley?

did you look at placing the OBA compressor in a manor that you could utilize two belts instead of just one? But I am guessing the parasytic (sp?) loss of two belts would be greater than what you have with just one But that is just a guess!

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It is hard to tell, but is the belt even touching the Alternator pulley?

did you look at placing the OBA compressor in a manor that you could utilize two belts instead of just one? But I am guessing the parasytic (sp?) loss of two belts would be greater than what you have with just one But that is just a guess!
i could.. but that would require machining a "slave" pulley on the alternator and some way to tension it..

the way i have it setup it seems to grip the alternator pulley quite well.. and is pretty damn easy to tension with the dynamic tensioner.

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
the way i have it setup it seems to grip the alternator pulley quite well.. and is pretty damn easy to tension with the dynamic tensioner.
Law- I'm not hatin' on ya... I don't think you have enough traction on the alternator pully... have you tried running that with a large load on the electrical system? I think it's gonna heat up the belt...I hope not, but I'm pretty sure it will. I like the idea and use of space! Also... where's your battery?

-Mark

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Law- I'm not hatin' on ya... I don't think you have enough traction on the alternator pully... have you tried running that with a large load on the electrical system? I think it's gonna heat up the belt...I hope not, but I'm pretty sure it will. I like the idea and use of space! Also... where's your battery?

-Mark
it does heat up the pulley and belt pretty good... without it running it seemd to grip very well.. so i put the old belt back on and i am trying to fab up another bracket that would get more contact on that pulley..

my battery has been relocated in the bed.

·
Registered
82 Posts
i hate to ask a stupid question, but, is this any added stress on the motor? and where did you get the air compressor? ive seen some other guys do this before i think its awesome id like to do it eventually. Also, do you run some type of line from the compressor to somewhere? im just curious idont know much about this mod.

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i hate to ask a stupid question, but, is this any added stress on the motor? and where did you get the air compressor? ive seen some other guys do this before i think its awesome id like to do it eventually. Also, do you run some type of line from the compressor to somewhere? im just curious idont know much about this mod.
i haven't got as far as plumbing.. it is a normal tacoma compressor that i had laying arround from my old parts truck..

doesn't seem like it will add any stress while it is off, it will just idle until the clutch kicks in.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts