TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lawyer recommendations

I was recently involved in a car accident on Wednesday the 14th. I was traveling East bound on Sahara and was driving in the right turn lane to turn South on Rainbow when a guy cut from the straight lane through the turn lane trying to get into the shopping center to my right. He didn’t signal nor look and cut in front of me. I swerved and hit my brakes but couldn’t totally avoid him. My 4runners fender and bumper is banged up and his car is banged up door to door on his 4 door car. The cops came and got everything settled and he was found at fault.
Which leads me to my question....I called his insurance and they said they couldn’t do anything for me yet because there was liability issue with him (his insurance is expired) and couldn’t tell me anything more. I DONT want to pay my insurance $1000 deductible to fix my car when it wasn’t my fault. I was referred to one lawyer but would like other suggestions from you guys. I had some whip lash from the crash as well.
Im not the typical sue happy person but I shouldn’t have to pay for this guys dumb ass!

Thanks for the help and sorry about such a long post.

And I WILL be at the run on Sunday.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
hopper said:
I was recently involved in a car accident on Wednesday the 14th. I was traveling East bound on Sahara and was driving in the right turn lane to turn South on Rainbow when a guy cut from the straight lane through the turn lane trying to get into the shopping center to my right. He didn’t signal nor look and cut in front of me. I swerved and hit my brakes but couldn’t totally avoid him. My 4runners fender and bumper is banged up and his car is banged up door to door on his 4 door car. The cops came and got everything settled and he was found at fault.
Which leads me to my question....I called his insurance and they said they couldn’t do anything for me yet because there was liability issue with him (his insurance is expired) and couldn’t tell me anything more. I DONT want to pay my insurance $1000 deductible to fix my car when it wasn’t my fault. I was referred to one lawyer but would like other suggestions from you guys. I had some whip lash from the crash as well.
I'm not the typical sue happy person but I shouldn’t have to pay for this guys dumb ass!

Thanks for the help and sorry about such a long post.

And I WILL be at the run on Sunday.

I've got a buddy that is an attorney, I forget what he practices though. I'll try getting a hold of him, although it might not be until Monday when he gets back to me.

Meanwhile, have you gone to a doctor, or hospital? You definitely should go and get checked out, especially if you feel like you have whip lash. My :2cents:

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my034runner said:
I've got a buddy that is an attorney, I forget what he practices though. I'll try getting a hold of him, although it might not be until Monday when he gets back to me.

Meanwhile, have you gone to a doctor, or hospital? You definitely should go and get checked out, especially if you feel like you have whip lash. My :2cents:
Ya I have been to a chiropractor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts