TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's so special about the 85 pickup other than it being the last year of the SFA? Wasn't it also the first year of fuel injection?

I thought I seen a 85 somewhere, but it was carb'd.. So that got me thinking if I was right about the 85's being fuel injected.

Also anyone seen this on CraigsList? http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/271324634.html

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
EFI was first intro'd in 85, but youcould still get them carbed until 88, I beleive. It is indeed the last year of the SFA. Thats the big deal, you CAN get EFI and an SFA from the factory.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
you are right about the fuel injection, however it was an option, so it isnt on all of them.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Also - I'd give that guy like half that, and tell him to keep the system.

·
Registered
823 Posts
04 Rocko Taco said:
Also - I'd give that guy like half that, and tell him to keep the system.

Agreed!

Looks pretty clean..

It's been in Craigslist for a while though... I'm THINKING in one of the pics(at one time) he showed the engine and it was carb'd. Could be wrong though.

I'd probably pick it up for 2g's though.. Even if he did tear out the system the door panels are probably going to look like shit afterwards.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
its carborated. he said the engine was a 22R. if it was 22RE then it would be injected. also 133,000 miles is low for a vehicle that is 22 years old. still wouldnt pay more that 2k.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hell.. As long as that things been in there he must be sticking pretty firm on 3900.

I might just go against my original plan of selling my truck, paying the majority of the extra cash from that on credit cards, buying a beater, paying off credit cards, and then getting something nicer to drive.. and just

sell my truck , pay that cash on credit cards, and then get this 2000 4Runner on craigslist.. *shrug*

thanks for the info about the 22r and 22re !

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
i like that 4runner alot. probably worth about 4k? idk try looking up the blue book somewhere

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Naw... just the Atlanta.

I don't want to drive too far so I always just search ATL. Guess I could search some Alabama too though..

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Both or those trucks are listed way to high. 22r motor does get good mpgs.. In the 20s range or higher in stock form.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
22r = carb & 22re = fuel injected. Dang that's a lot of money for both!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Why all 85 runners, but not all 85 p/u's? Anyone know?

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
04 Rocko Taco said:
Why all 85 runners, but not all 85 p/u's? Anyone know?
Dunno.. It was standard for all 4Runners after 84. The 22re engines made more power so I guess it has to do with the weight.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
I think they still wanted to offer a cheap and basic truck. FI was sorta new and cost more so not everyone wanted it. I bought a carbed '88 2wd in '88 and kept it for 10 years ... 220k ... great truck. Some amigos are still driving it around Kennesaw last I heard.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Well hell..

I think I'll just break down and get the 2000 4Runner I seen on CraigsList if my credit isn't too bad off now... Only thing I don't like about the 4Runner is it's got 143,xxx miles. I know it's a Toyota 'they last forever' yadda yadda.. but even still I don't like the fact its got so many already. As long as it makes it to 200,000 I'll be happy.

Hopefully Monday my truck will be sold and I can decide on what I'm going to get.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Speaking of which though... I need to ride out and see if there's a price on the pickup right down the road from me.

Looks like an early 90's pre-tacoma.. single cab..

If it's priced anything close to most I'm seeing it'll be in the 4-5g range unfortunately.

--edit--

Yeap.. the truck was for $5,200. It's a 94..

32's..maybe 33's..i dunno. too dark to really read and see and I'm no expert on judging from looks. The tires look pretty new. Body has a few dings..and some scratches on the body. Not sure on the miles...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts