TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided to take a closer look at my exhaust leak. Turns out the exhaust manifold was cracked. After doing a little reading online turns out this is a common problem. I bought the LC Engineering header for the 3RZ over the weekend. I've seen lots of praise for this company and their prodoucts.

I do have a question though. One of their sales people called and told me that I should buy a stud kit for an additional $17. Not to be a cheap ass, but the header by itself was already $358 + another ~$40 or so to ship it. $400 is a lot of money for a header. The only problems I've read is the header didn't come with studs for the O2 flange. Has anyone else had problems or needed additional hardware to install this header besides the O2 flange studs? What pains me even more is I saw a group buy last year for the same header at $237.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i bought the stud kit, just because it was reccomended. but never installed it. haven't needed new ones yet. i guess if/when they need replacing i'll do them.

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,365 Posts
The $237 price was before they increased the price on the header. It was about $300 regular price when the group buy was done.

I'd recommend the stud kit. I'm on my 3rd header and this one just blew out the manifold gasket, and I'm assuming thats due to my manifold studs. I'm gonna get some new studs and a gasket and see if that stops the leak.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have a choice from my g/f to either pitch in 3/4 of the cash for 35mtrs or buy me these headers for christmas- Either way i can afford both in the end, but would you guys highly recommend this LCE header- also i have the duel cats so I already know that its not a "direct fit". How big of a bastard is it to get aligned/fitted- Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Enzogfx said:
I have a choice from my g/f to either pitch in 3/4 of the cash for 35mtrs or buy me these headers for christmas- Either way i can afford both in the end, but would you guys highly recommend this LCE header- also i have the duel cats so I already know that its not a "direct fit". How big of a bastard is it to get aligned/fitted- Thanks guys
MTR"S mike jesus is that even a question. sheeesh

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, now I really am a cheap ass. I cancelled my order and bought a Pacesetter with the ceramic coating. It was $150+ cheaper shipped to my door. I'm not a serious off-roader and the truck is 100% stock. I'll make another post with pictures and writeup on the fit/finish when I put it in.

·
Wheeler Wannabe
1,306 Posts
brogers said:
Okay, now I really am a cheap ass. I cancelled my order and bought a Pacesetter with the ceramic coating. It was $150+ cheaper shipped to my door. I'm not a serious off-roader and the truck is 100% stock. I'll make another post with pictures and writeup on the fit/finish when I put it in.
Unfortunatly, you get what you pay for. Search a little on here and see what people have to say about pacesetters. Hopefully yours doesn't give you issues, but most people don't recommend them.

·
Registered
518 Posts
KStacoma said:
MTR"S mike jesus is that even a question. sheeesh
Either way I will get both, its just a matter of order I get them in. If I she gets me the tires Ill have them in two weeks when i pick em up. Or i get a header around Christmas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Toyo4x4 said:
Unfortunatly, you get what you pay for. Search a little on here and see what people have to say about pacesetters. Hopefully yours doesn't give you issues, but most people don't recommend them.
From what I've read some people have had problems with minor exhaust leaks from gasket problems and cracking. I'm hoping that a good set of OEM gaskets will overcome the exhaust leaks. If it cracks I will send it in under warranty. I have a second vehicle so down time isn't an issue.

·
Registered
216 Posts
brogers said:
From what I've read some people have had problems with minor exhaust leaks from gasket problems and cracking. I'm hoping that a good set of OEM gaskets will overcome the exhaust leaks. If it cracks I will send it in under warranty. I have a second vehicle so down time isn't an issue.
I have a buddy with the pacesetter headers. He didnt want to spend the money either. I think they've been on his truck over a year now with no problems at all except discoloring and maybe a small exhaust leak but he doesn't really know for sure. All the power is at the top end with these headers and it rasps things up a bit thats all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts