TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one have a wright up or know were I can find one for the LCE header on a 2.7? I just got mine and I cant find a shop that will put it on for me in a weakened. So im trying to see how much of a pane it would be to do myself.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thanx i knew there was a wright up someware. Looks easy i might give it a try this weakend.

·
Going John Galt
31,845 Posts
Cool thanx i knew there was a wright up someware. Looks easy i might give it a try this weakend.
as long as you don't have dual cats it is just that easy ;)

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
yeah its pretty easy I would say 3hrs or so by yourself less if you got somebody to help, unless you got an automatic then there are some issues you have to work around.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a 96 so no dual cats. I might have some hellp too. I was wondering how long it might take. I guess the other one i have is. Once its in is it any harder to get to the oil filter?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Depends. If you were in the habit of reaching through the fender, not really. If you preferred to reach up from underneath, yeah, it's a bit more dicey. You can still reach it, but will invariably have to rest your arm on the header itself, which gets more than a little toasty. So if you prefer to change oil when it's hot, and like to reach from the bottom, I'd reccomend investing in a heat sleave and glove or a really long socket wrench extension and oil filter socket.

·
Registered
682 Posts
I think I set a record after removing/installing my former POS Downey header so many times. My LCE install was exactly one hour from lifting the hood to firing it up.

I agree, if it's your first time installing, it'll take around three hours by yourself. It's not hard, just take your time and be careful.
2 if your buddy actually helps,
4+ if he is like any of mine and just stands around drinking all of your beer and constantly hands you the wrong sockets...:banghead:

*Edit* Get the LCE manifold stud kit, makes life a lot easier when you don't have to try and work around the factory hardware...

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
Yeah I could probably do it pretty quick now myself have had it all apart a couple times now.

But I was the opposite on the manifold kit the only thing I used were the nuts that came with it the studs I threw in the tool box. I reused the factory ones with no problem I removed them for slidding the header in and then reinstalled them.

·
Registered
41 Posts
x2 on the stud kit. That would have mad the whole thing a lot easier. But it is really easy especially with help. It really is a good product.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts