37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
in great shape. for 3RZ motors/tranny Includes:
-shifter
-spacer block
-gasket
-bolts
-instructions
Not sure of the weight, but I would guess around 5lbs. Package is about 18"X6"X4" I'm in R.I. 02814

$125 plus shipping---still available as of 12/14/04
Ron
[email protected]

should be getting pictures today. Will send via e-mail when I have them to all that previously asked in the old forum. Thanks

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Might want to know what model it goes to 2.7/3.4...

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
How far does it actually cut the shift throw?

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
about a third less travel I'd guess, but I didn't measure. Synchros protest 1>2 & 2>3. It shortens the pattern, but hasn't really sped up my ability to shift due to the synchros. My primary motivation wasn't speed shifting, but to attain a shorter pattern so the shifter wasn't crammed in the dash/radio after the body lift as well as stying out of the way of the twin sticks. To that end, I call it a success. Overall, I sometimes think I'd have been better off spending time re-working my old shifter...

·
Registered
279 Posts
KStacoma said:
How far does it actually cut the shift throw?
I never measured either but like Chris said it shortens it up a good amount. I think LCE claims the pattern is 5 inches between gears. I think that's pretty accurate. Between the shifter and the redline tranny fluid I can bang gears real fast now. It does take some time to get the timing down between the clutch and the shifter. With the pattern so much shorter, I was way off at first.

·
Registered
279 Posts
valkyrie said:
LOL! I still suck at it.. must be getting old:)
Is the rubber boot binding with the bodylift? Honest mine shifts real smooth but it could be the Redline gear oil. I had it in there before I put the shifter in.

Your only as old as you feel. ;)

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
akshunj said:
Is the rubber boot binding with the bodylift? Honest mine shifts real smooth but it could be the Redline gear oil. I had it in there before I put the shifter in.

Your only as old as you feel. ;)
nope, I actually bent the floorboard back & "massaged" the boot.. I really think it's oil related--- too much slick can be as bad as not enough!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Could be, I was surprised at the difference new gear oil can make. I went to Redline because in the cold weather my truck refused to cooperate when I tried to shift. Once it warmed up it was fine. I went to the redline and no more cold weather problems.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Offrhoder said:
still available. next stop e-bay.....make offer
75 shipping included?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Offrhoder said:
I appreciate the offer, but that's a bit low. How's $100 plus shipping?
where are you located? so i can check on shipping. do you have pay-pal if so i will look into shipping and think about it.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
sorry, I don't have paypal. I live in Chepachet RI 02814. To make things easier, I would be willing to eat the cost of shipping. I can't see it being that much anyway. It's not extremely heavy. I think it ways around 5lbs boxed up. That's $100 including shipping.

Ron

1 - 19 of 19 Posts