TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, unfortunately... both time and money are forcing me to make a quick decision on my rear suspension on my 01 X-tra Cab...

Soooo.... i need as much input as possible, as quick as possible... My Downey 2.5" AAL's broke in half and I need to fix it quick. Its my everyday driver.

im trying to accomplish:

-Same ride height as before
-At least the same smoothness (hopefully better)
-Keep my checkbook in mind, hopefully under 400 bucks... still paying off college loans and the ex-old lady. (IE... i have to eat Totinos pizza sometimes.)
-I pull a boat, but not a huge boat.. and not all that often (i steal the power stroke)

Any input is greatly appreciated... I dont have much time to do much investigating myself.

Thanks for the help everybody

JUSTIN CHURCH
MONT BELVIEU, TX

·
Premium Member
2,240 Posts
I say best bang for the buck would be the OME Dakar springs.
Call Shannon at TOP and tell him you are a TTORA member for some discounts.

Next option would be Wheeler's or Allpro 3" tacoma pack

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
i second the dakars...i got mine from wheelers and love em. just make sure you get front AND rear bushings for em. total was about $400

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh shit!!! I didnt know Shannon got into the part business!!! Hell, ive grown up seeing that big ass Tacoma rollin around town!! He only lives (if hes still there) about 4 miles down the road... Man, i wish you all could have seen that truck when he first got it... the change is freakin UNREAL!

Ill give him a holler, and hopefully save some money on some damn SHIPPING!

·
Registered
808 Posts
How about a 1.5" progresssive AAL from Deaver and lift shackle?
I was looking at that progressive AAL, but it seems that for the price I would be better off to spend a few more $ and get the Dakkars. I like the idea, but it just seems a little too pricy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts