TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get this bushing out and put the new one in. It for the front eyelet of the leaf spring.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
It sucks ass!!!!

I just rebuilt a set of leafs off a 91 pickup and we had to use a 30 ton press to get them out :eek:

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Beat the living shit out of it... penetrating oil... heat. a press.... home made press... take a bolt, a washer that fits inside the spring eye, a Deep socket that fits on top of the, and a nut... two wrenches.

you can probably figure it out from there.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I used white lithium grease and a hand-held sledge hammer. Don't be afraid to hit the crap out of it! Those things are harder than hell to damage.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Damn sounds like I got some work on my hands. Now what about putting the new ones in??

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
When you put the new ones in does it expand the eyelet or no?

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Stupidchicken89 said:
When you put the new ones in does it expand the eyelet or no?
Should not expand the wrap.. if it does. Wrong bushing.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I orderedd the "complete" OME setup from TRDparts4u and Jacque threw in the front leaf busings so im hoping they are the right ones.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok thanks guys.

·
Registered
395 Posts
How about a saw-zall? Just be carefull when you get to the end, or cut toward the small opening at the end of the spring.

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
stupid chicken, i just got a set of dakars and only one spring had that same bushing in it. I just put a oem bushing in the other spring and used the one that was already pressed in. no problems so far

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
hossmaster said:
stupid chicken, i just got a set of dakars and only one spring had that same bushing in it. I just put a oem bushing in the other spring and used the one that was already pressed in. no problems so far
I called back Jacque today and told him about it. There is some other guy that had the same thing happen that works over there. He didnt know why or anything about it so he was calling ARB to find out.
I understand about just adding the bushing to the other side, but why the fuck is there one in there already :confused: ?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After beating the shit out of it and soaking it with some oil, that thing didnt budge. So I am having it pressed out and the others pressed it.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
hossmaster said:

same thing here. only one spring had it...i dont know why. i pushed the other one in with a bench vise.

stupid chicken,to take it out find somthing that will fit over the bushing like mentioned above and somthing that will push it out, and use a long bolt through it, or a bench vise or whatever, its not that big of a deal

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
Stupidchicken89 said:
After beating the shit out of it and soaking it with some oil, that thing didnt budge. So I am having it pressed out and the others pressed it.
If the spring moves when you are whacking it, you are loosing a ton of... power? Fawk... you know what I mean. Put it in a press, make one or clamp the hell out of it and beat on it.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
get a rubber mallet and a screw driver. jam the screw driver in the spring end and open it up enough to get the bushing started and then ram away at it with the mallet.make it your bitch,not viseversa. its frustrating when i cant just do it myself

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
why not just leave it in there and save yourself the trouble? it fits and works fine.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts