TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I initially cut down the threads but decided I need the Dakar 2nd overload leaf. I thought I had left enough thread but the threads end flush to the top of the leaf pack, so I can't get a nut on.
With a trip coming up should I get right on replacing the bolts w/ grade 8 allens? Or given that the bolt reaches the top leaf and everything should stay centered will it be OK for a while?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was picturing that maybe it'd be easiest to use two bottle jacks, forward and behind the axle, and jack up the overload leaf close to the U-bolts. That way I could easily slip a new pin in without having to clamp the leaves and wrestle the pack from the shackle.
Maybe a terrible idea?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I added a couple of leaves to mine a while back. I completely removed the first side and realized it was unnecessary. Second side I just clamped them all together at the U bolt and cut the center bolt off. Relaxed the clamps and did what I had to do. Then clamped them all back together until I could get the nut started. Then the air ratchet came in handy for a change.

If you have a Tractor Supply they have Allen head grade 8 I think and about the right size but a coarse thread. Pay by the pound for most, except for those I think.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts