TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i just got some all pro 5" lift springs for a 5 lug tacoma which means i have them mounted under the axle which gave me about 2" of lift, since they havent broken in and sagged the 3/4" i was told they will in a month. Anyways i am wondering when i go to cycle my leafs springs this weekend, how can i cycle them so that when my leafs do break in and sag the 1" they will, my whole shock angle and shock mount set up wont be messed up because that is what i am thinkin would happen. just let me know though thanks...

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
if you know the amount it's going to sag then work that into your shackle mounting in order to get your ride height where you want it.

There is no way to cycle the leafs to "break them in". Hell have fun trying to cycle them with the whole leaf pack to try and "break them in".

If you cycle the springs and get your shock mounts right it will not affect anything other than ride height if/when the springs sag.

·
Registered
912 Posts
yes, if you are mounting new shocks in custom locations and need to cycle the springs, you need to take the leaf pack apart and break it down to the single main leaf. You will be able to cycle it then.

If you have never taken a leaf pack apart you need some sort of a clamp to hold it all together close to the center pin. clamp there, unbolt the center pin and remove, carefully open clamp (leafs will be under tension). To reassemble, I put a long thick screwdriver through all the center holes and clamp the leafs together, wiggle the screwdriver to center everything up, put center bolt back in and tighten it up, not a bad idea to use a new center pin, you can just use a grade 8 bolt that is the same diameter just make sure the bolt head fits the spring perch center hole.

Have fun, breaking springs down and cycling leaf springs sucks ass

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i broke em down and cycled them and i didnt even get the lines for compression and fully drooped to intersect like that desert rides site or watever tells you to do, so i still have the board on my truck but the leafs and truck is put back together. All i got is allpro 5" lift springs and 14" kings, i marked a spot on the board that seemed like it would work good for extension and compression as far as the shock goes. any suggestions without having to take apart everything again?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts