TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am starting my sas and im going with leaf springs in the front to get use to haveing the soild front axle and get some seat time with it before i go to coils or coil-overs. my question is what is everybody running, ive seen yj leafs, rear yota leafs on the front, 44044's. custom spring packs are NOT in the budget right now i just want to get is SAS'ed and be able to wheel it and have a good amount of flex. I am going t run 63" chevy springs with bud built banana shackles so i can eliminate the rear lift blocks i plan on running 37" bfg's till i get one tons so i can step up to 39" krawlers or irocks, or 40" MTRs. so post up ur set ups and some pics would be greatly appreciaed. THANK YOU AHEAD OF TIME

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
my junk

Here is my truck. It is getting close to being able to wheel. I am running pretty much what you are describing. 63" rears and 5" All Pros up front. The pics are from its first real flexing since the swap was started about 9 months ago. My tires measure 38" tall. It has plenty of flex right now and should only get better. If the All Pros don't hold up (like several have experienced), then I will probably switch to Marlins since guys are having such good luck with them. I have heard of good results with rears up front when mixed and matched (as seen over on Pirate 4x4).

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Best thing to do is to look through SAS tech at pics of other peoples trucks and what leaf springs they are running with X" tire size, engine, and extra weight such as a winch and bumper.

If you have a 3.4 and want to run 37's, then make your choice based on "billy" is running Marlin 4" springs to clear 37's on a 3.4 xcab with a winch and you like the height and clearance he ended up with.

There are a lot of spring choices out there :eek:

marlin's, trail gear, Rancho 44044, stock waggy's, yj's, rears up front, etc.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Heatstroke said:
Here is my truck. It is getting close to being able to wheel. I am running pretty much what you are describing. 63" rears and 5" All Pros up front. The pics are from its first real flexing since the swap was started about 9 months ago. My tires measure 38" tall. It has plenty of flex right now and should only get better. If the All Pros don't hold up (like several have experienced), then I will probably switch to Marlins since guys are having such good luck with them. I have heard of good results with rears up front when mixed and matched (as seen over on Pirate 4x4).

What's up with the 5 lug rear. Looks like a 9" but hard to see.

·
Banned
3,446 Posts
taco2486 said:
I am going t run 63" chevy springs with bud built banana shackles
Why the banana shackles? Those are generally used to clear the body mounts in the frontend of older pickups.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/heatstroke/blacksheep4.jpg

enough said blacksheep is tuckin 40s with the setup i want to run so ive set on the rear i just need help on the front with like shackle set ups for the most flex and what not im on a small budget cause im getting everything so far from friends like a Hp 44 from a bronco with chevy 6 lug hubs for like 50 bucks and im getting 2" rough country leafs for free just to try them and if that fails i have my rear taco springs and if those arnt good ill get sumthing else i just wanted to see what u guys r running that will flex like this

http://www.xzostgarage.com/media/pictures/truck/DSC04834.jpg

http://www.graphic-content.net/xzost-garage/pictures/inchworm4.jpg

P.S. sry i dnt knw how to post pics help with that would b nice 2 lol

·
Premium Member
3,388 Posts
taco2486 said:

enough said blacksheep is tuckin 40s with the setup i want to run so ive set on the rear i just need help on the front with like shackle set ups for the most flex and what not im on a small budget cause im getting everything so far from friends like a Hp 44 from a bronco with chevy 6 lug hubs for like 50 bucks and im getting 2" rough country leafs for free just to try them and if that fails i have my rear taco springs and if those arnt good ill get sumthing else i just wanted to see what u guys r running that will flex like this

http://www.xzostgarage.com/media/pictures/truck/DSC04834.jpg

http://www.graphic-content.net/xzost-garage/pictures/inchworm4.jpg

P.S. sry i dnt knw how to post pics help with that would b nice 2 lol
How old are you? Mike is running a burly drivetrain so he CAN run 40's. 40's won't last long with 1/2 ton running gear, sorry. Why are you so concerned with amount of flex people get? Do you think flex is directly related to penis size? If so, you are mistaken. I think you need to do some more reading before posting crap like this, there is a ton of information on this very website that will give you the information you need.

I'll start off with this, full width axles will give you more wheel travel. Now get to reading...

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
generalee7 said:
How old are you? Mike is running a burly drivetrain so he CAN run 40's. 40's won't last long with 1/2 ton running gear, sorry. Why are you so concerned with amount of flex people get? Do you think flex is directly related to penis size? If so, you are mistaken. I think you need to do some more reading before posting crap like this, there is a ton of information on this very website that will give you the information you need.

I'll start off with this, full width axles will give you more wheel travel. Now get to reading...

Kinda like how people running 50" tires brag about 40" of wheel travel :D
Good thing I'm comfortable with my...

·
Good For You
3,442 Posts
taco2486 said:

Blacksheep has 40's yes, but he also has the axles to run them and bigger. He is also running links/coils up front not leafs. For the rear, it is hard to beat 63" Chevy leafs when looking at it dollar for dollar. Good luck with your build and keeping things together.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i realize that he has one tons, but this is just a base to start and see how my rig does with sas before i go and (IF) get 60's and 40's and everything else link a 3 link and coils and what not. for now i dnt plan on running any bigger than 37's. and were did the thing about being secure with my penis come in to play i just want a capable off road rig for the type of wheeling that i do and i was just trying to get a little insight one on one because i have looked and got some good ideas i just wanted some pointers.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
and type.

taco2486 said:
and were did the thing about being
Does that say something? :rofl:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Heatstroke said:

Are the 63" chevy's off a 2 or 4 wheel drive? Dumb ? Probably, but I gotta know. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts