TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the rear pads on the ends of my leafs squeak horribly. They are the circle shaped ones on the ends of the leafs that keep the leafs from scrubbing metal on metal. anything i can do to relieve the noise, or fix it without taking the leafs off the truck and replacing the pads?

·
Registered
462 Posts
I use a little synthetic grease on all the spring pads between all the leafs and it takes care of the noise.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have an 07 reg cab that i put 2 inch sky's on and yeah it bugs the shiv out of me. I was told by a buddy that the best thing to do was to take it apart and put graphite on the bushings. If anyone knows if this works let us know. I too want to stop that horrible sound.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
i have an 07 reg cab that i put 2 inch sky's on and yeah it bugs the shiv out of me. I was told by a buddy that the best thing to do was to take it apart and put graphite on the bushings. If anyone knows if this works let us know. I too want to stop that horrible sound.
Imagine if you lived in the day of the buckboard... You'd probably just have to shoot yerself...

You need to wheel it more... then it will make other noises... that make the spring squeak less annoying ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts