TTORA Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am lifting my taco 4 inches in the front with Allied spindles. I measured a truck on the lot where I ordered my truck and the rear was 37 inches off the ground to the bottom of the fender and the front was 35 inches. This is exactly 2 inches higher in the rear than the front.
I have a set of deavers that are supposed to lift the rear 1.5 inches, but I have heard from several sources that you are lucky to get 1 inch. If this is true then that would mean the front would sit 1 full inch higher with an empty tank of gas. maybe 1.5-1.75 with a full tank. Does anybody have exact measurements of how much lift their deaver 10 pack gave them? I really like deavers beacause of their progressive spring rate and how smooth they ride on all terrain. I don't not want a stiff riding leaf by any means, but I also don't want my rear to sag a full inch. I know Dakars ride rough, from what I have heard and so do Allpros. I have not heard much about Skyjacker though and they are supposed to give you 2 inches which if they do, it would be dead level.
I really would like these deavers to work for my needs, but I doubt they are going to give me enough lift and I don't want to install to find out the hard way because then I will be unable to return them. What should I do if I want a full 2 inch lift out of the rear, BUT NO MORE!

·
Registered
95 Posts
If you have a 1st gen. tacoma I don't think skyjacker makes the leaf springs for that size lift- the leaf springs are shorter for the 1st gen. I had a AAL with their kit, found leaf spring was broke, and went through a hassle to see if they made the leafsprings for my 2.5-3" lift to use instead. Some sources might show it but don't believe it. If you 98 and up go ahead.

·
TTORA SoCal
2,547 Posts
The 10 pack I put on my wifes truck was about 1.5 inches. It is that damn inverted shackle on the new trucks. It is only my opinion, but I would either sell the 10 pack and get their 12 pack, or add a couple of leafs to the pack, and get a new center pin for the packs. The ride is great with the 10 pack, but the flex sucks, and if you have people in the back seat and hit bumps, you hit the bumpstops. Just my opinion though :)

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A deaver 10 pack is actually softer than stock. It gives you more travel because of the progressive leafs, but it rides smoother and softer than stock. So NO, not stiff for the deavers, but I was asking about the Dakars.

·
TTORA SoCal
2,547 Posts
A-GUEST said:
10 PACK! yeah, uh stiff...
Yeah, the 05 and above leafs from Deaver are pretty soft. Different than the 04 and older ones. I run the Deaver 9 pack in my 04 and mine is a little more firm than my wifes truck, but mine flexes like mad compared to hers.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
sorry, 10 pack for my year taco are stifffffffffff.. you're right about the 05+ and they do have progressive leafs... How much lift will he get with the deaver 12 pack..?

-Alex

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
But won't the 12 pack take away that cushy ride? That is what I am most concerned with. I could not give a shit less about "flex". I am not a hard core trail rider. My sole offroad will be taking some trails to go target shooting and dunes. My main concern is THEY RIDE SOFT AND SMOOTH ALONG WITH GIVING ME EXACTLY 2 INCHES.

·
TTORA SoCal
2,547 Posts
SinCityTaco said:
But won't the 12 pack take away that cushy ride? That is what I am most concerned with. I could not give a shit less about "flex". I am not a hard core trail rider. My sole offroad will be taking some trails to go target shooting and dunes. My main concern is THEY RIDE SOFT AND SMOOTH ALONG WITH GIVING ME EXACTLY 2 INCHES.
OK well they won't give you exactly 2 inches then. My opinion, and it is only my opinion is that you put the 10 pack on, and think about getting a 1" lift block for the rear. Especially if you don't wheel that much. The 1" won't do hardly anything as far as axle wrap. Since you already have the 10 packs, I would do that.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I am going to return the deavers and buy a set of Skyjackers. I called Skyjacker today and they said they provide exactly 2 inches and ride softer than stock. Sounds pretty much like what I am looking for. Not to mention the retail for $400 which is $200 less than a set of Deavers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think I am going to return the deavers and buy a set of Skyjackers. I called Skyjacker today and they said they provide exactly 2 inches and ride softer than stock. Sounds pretty much like what I am looking for. Not to mention the retail for $400 which is $200 less than a set of Deavers.
When you talked to skyjacker, did you ask them the difference between the TCR25S and the TCR25 was? I'm just curious.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Curios to see what the outcome was from this as I am trying to plan my build around the same cirucumstances? Bump to the top

·
Banned
983 Posts
The 10 pack I put on my wifes truck was about 1.5 inches. It is that damn inverted shackle on the new trucks. It is only my opinion, but I would either sell the 10 pack and get their 12 pack, or add a couple of leafs to the pack, and get a new center pin for the packs. The ride is great with the 10 pack, but the flex sucks, and if you have people in the back seat and hit bumps, you hit the bumpstops. Just my opinion though :)
8 leaf from Alcan with proper arching can get you the lift you want. # of leafs really dont make the lift.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.