TTORA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Don't see why not. I think one has a bit more preload to compensate with the weight of gas tank and driver, but I have seen other posts where they didn't seem to notice. What part of Oahu are you from. I have a place in Kailua, and lots of family in Kaneohe, Waimanalo. I gotta get back for more ulua hunting!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the driver side is sagging bad and its mainly sagging in the rear so yeah, i wanted to see if swapping sides would do the trick.

im from wahiawa. i used to be heavy into ulua fishing but now, i spear them :p

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
For a cheap fix, go to a shop, or a boneyard, and get some more tacoma leafs. Add them in, and it will help the problem. Just cut them to the length you need, to taper the spring pack. It won't last forever, but it's a start. You wanna see some ulua?? I'll email you an ULUA!!! I shoot'em, too!! I did the nationals last year in Haliewa, team Riffe. The email will be there soon!!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was thinking maybe i should just buy some new leaf packs already.

ahh, you qualified for the nationals. nice man....turned out a sad day at the end though. i havent entered much tourneys. kinda shame when i go to the weigh-ins and some big boys was landed :eek: versus my catch. so once i get a little better i'll start competing heavily.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'll check on prices and shipping for you, how much lift??? Don't tell me stock, with a block. What year??? Might be able to find you something to help you out. You need a new pack, but you already know this....

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
HawaiiBuilt said:
i was thinking maybe i should just buy some new leaf packs already.

ahh, you qualified for the nationals. nice man....turned out a sad day at the end though. i havent entered much tourneys. kinda shame when i go to the weigh-ins and some big boys was landed :eek: versus my catch. so once i get a little better i'll start competing heavily.
you can actually come out better by just rebuilding your OE pks. find a spring shop and have them add a 4th leaf made of OE material and re-arch the whole thing to your specs up to 3". A local shop here does them for $286 (off the truck).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
rojodiablo said:
I'll check on prices and shipping for you, how much lift??? Don't tell me stock, with a block. What year??? Might be able to find you something to help you out. You need a new pack, but you already know this....
2002 xtra cab. i got the Downey 2.5" AAL in there but I think its sitting near 3".

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hytenor said:
you can actually come out better by just rebuilding your OE pks. find a spring shop and have them add a 4th leaf made of OE material and re-arch the whole thing to your specs up to 3". A local shop here does them for $286 (off the truck).

Good idea, but sadly...I dont think there are any shops out in Hawaii that could do it. I'll have to call around. Thanks

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
HawaiiBuilt said:
Good idea, but sadly...I dont think there are any shops out in Hawaii that could do it. I'll have to call around. Thanks
if you're anywhere Honolulu there have to be spring shops. check your yellow pgs under springs.

·
Going John Galt
31,846 Posts
Bull said:
I have a set of Downeys. They are the 3" lift set. I havnt installed them yet but they only ran me about $150 through Toyota. I got them when I was still in Cali though.
those only work on Gen 1 Tacos ('95.5-'97) and older yota trucks...too short for the newer Tacos.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts