TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you know if your leaf springs are shot? My rear end sags a little and all I have in the bed is an empty tool box and my spare tire. I think they have a negetive arch and they are almost touching my over loads. Any imput would be help full.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds like my stock leafs. I have a 96 reg cab 4x4 and was sagging a bit empty, but moreso when I hooked up my boat trailer. I also seemed to have a negative arch...damn near close anyway. The stock leafs were a 3-layer and at about 135,000 miles I replaced them with a 4-leaf from JcWhitney.com for around $350. This did give me some extra lift without my camper on the truck.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I replaced mine at 118k with OME Dakars. My leafs were not negative arched, but were flat and going to be soon. Sounds like you'll want to swap them out soon as negativell arched leaves can lead to broken or cracked leaves. How many miles do you have on your truck?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have about 180,000 and running strong. I think they may be my stock springs. I forgot to say I have 2 and a half inch lift blocks I don't know if that changes anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts