TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone had any problems with getting water in under the floor mats? i thought it was the rubber gromets but im wrong i sealed them and still get water. it looks to be coming from the drivers seat front right bolt where it connects seat to cab...anyone ever had to seal up the bottom of the cab any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,394 Posts
i have the same problem, but mine leaks into the passenger side. there is a TSB for that problem on my 01 but the dealership will not tell me where the leak is coming from, i guess they want me to pay em to fix it

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well lol mine is both sides :(...i think there's multiple spots...i cant put carpet in until i figure this problem out. i was thinking about caulking all the joints but im still not sure...hopefully some1 chimes

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
there is only one place I like to find wet...

I ran into this yesterday while running some wiring for my cb radio and new firestick 2, but I figured it was just melted snow that somehow got through the thick rubber mats... I hear you can seal around the seat mount bolts although I haven't tried it. I bet it creates an enjoyable mildew smell as it sits there...
BTW, try sqeezing the carpet pad under there, I was amazed by how much water that holds, of course it was soaked by a small pond, but that is another story.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Intrepid said:
I ran into this yesterday while running some wiring for my cb radio and new firestick 2, but I figured it was just melted snow that somehow got through the thick rubber mats... I hear you can seal around the seat mount bolts although I haven't tried it. I bet it creates an enjoyable mildew smell as it sits there...
BTW, try sqeezing the carpet pad under there, I was amazed by how much water that holds, of course it was soaked by a small pond, but that is another story.

this wouldnt be from snow..or any other way but from coming up through the bottom...I have had my carpets out for more then a month just kinda testing it to see where it comes from...and its several different spots in the cab...obviously water finds the lowest spot and thats where my feet are...you think it would be best to just caulk all the open joints?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Not that you want to do this on a cold winter day, but....get under there with a hose. Or, make your kid do the dirty work for you. Aim and shoot. Soon enough, you will see where water is coming through, and you can use urethane caulk to your hearts' delight to fix the problems. Or, if it is a thru hole of some kind, maybe a rubber gasket. It is better to have a sucker do the hose part, so you can see exactly where the water comes from. Or, isolate your attacks to see where you are having any problems.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Leaking Support Handle

Has anybody notice water drip from the support handle on the pillar? Mine is happening to the passenger side. I could not find anywhere it is coming from the weatherstipping. I have an 02 XTra Cab.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
134 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Oops... took my truck to the dealership because I could not find the leak and thought for sure it was the TSB front pinch weld at the firewall under the passenger side windshield wiper... Since the water could only be found at the floor of the front passenger seat floor...

Drop it off, the dealer rep didnt think it was my TSB I printed of of parksoffroad. He thought that problem had been corrected with the 04s...

Calls me back an hour later saying the gromet my CB antenna cable passed through was letting in water... When I get there he shows me where the water was and coming through... I could tell they sprayed the entire outside of the cab with water (dried water spots all over my freshly washed truck)... Came home sprayed the car with water and sure enough, the gromet did leak water in... amazing how much water came in through that area...

SO, I am gonna seal up that area with silicone and see if it stops the water....

Any ideas other than that?

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
find a different dealer
my buddy up here in Chicago had a dealer fix the leak
he didn't pay anything, it is a TSB regarding the front firewall and fender area

·
Registered
134 Posts
98 Taco said:
find a different dealer
my buddy up here in Chicago had a dealer fix the leak
he didn't pay anything, it is a TSB regarding the front firewall and fender area

gonna have to... I gobbed silicone all over on both sides of the gromet that the cb antenna wire passes through, layed down paper napkins underneath..

Rained last night, hard but only for 10 minutes...

This morning, damp fron passenger floor but NO WET NAPKIN by the gromet...

argh....

I am pissin money away on tires/rims, cbs, sliders, hoes and deavers and I cant find the freakin leak....

Lakeside Toyota will get a call Monday AM... Give em one more shot... The rest of the Toyota dearlerships are small and dont have the big service center open all night and day...

really agravating...

Great truck, no complaints, but this is turning into one...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts