TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it unreasonable for me to expect my brand spankin' new LEER Camper shell to be pretty much water tight?

Finally got some rain here so I could see how it would hold up and the inside at the front of the box is drenched as well as portions of the headliner carpet towards the rear of the box.

I haven't sealed the corners where the box and tailgate meet yet, but I know for sure that all that water didn't come in thru that little crack during my short drive today to and from work.

Wonder if I should take it back to Raven Motorsports and complain. Opinions?

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
take it back to whoever installed it and complain.....

it might have come in a little crack, you would be surprised how much water can get through a pinhole while driving....

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
absolutely take it back. Theres no reason a canopy shouldnt seal to the box 100% during normal operation. It could be as simple as a little gap in the gasket between the truck and the canopy.

·
Banned
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats what I was thinkin too, just wanted to make sure I wasn't totally outta line when I go back to the installers and ask em to redo it or something.

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Yep gotta be a warranty on leak issue...

Mine leaks like hell... way past a warranty...

Probably don't help that I flex the livin' shiat out of it on the trails...

Mine leaks at the side sliding windows... so I'm gonna glue the bastards shut...

If I ever bought another for an offroad rig... it would have no windows...

I'm waiting for it to pop off on a trail someday... and then it's history...

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
New shit shouldn't leak. :2cents:

·
Registered
838 Posts
ive had problems with my leer cap, its been sent back for cracking gel coat. It has always fit f*ed up, and i looked at other leers on tacos and its missing the trim piece that goes between the cap and bed all the way around. im in the process of working with leer on this b/c the dealer i bought it from says that its normal (even though i have tons of pics of leer caps hat fit right). dont let leer stick it you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts