TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While out and about with the stock tcase skid, I nicked the lower drain plug on a rock that caused the plug to get smashed a bit and also put a hairline crack about 1" long from where the bottom most drain plug sits going towards the front of the truck. Question is has anyone pulled the tcase out of the truck? Looking for time approximation and tools needed. I have patched it using JB weld and gotten a new plug, but it still leaks. The lower drain plug threads are kind of fubared for 2 turns or so. Trying to get the best way to fix it.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
T-case is easy. Don't need a jack or anything. 8 12mm bolts going to the tranny, remove the driveshafts, remove the top boot or whatever, shift nob, etc. Just make sure you get all the wires and/or hoses going back there, speedo, 4wd shit, etc. Good time to check your rear tranny seal.

Heh, you should try alumaweld on the crack :D
Knuckled 3/8 drive adapter or speed wrench is even better for the top two bolts- just tight in there.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Its seriously a piece of cake. I didn't look at that writeup, but just unhook everything off of it, and yank it out. Empty, those things probably don't weigh 30 lbs.
Depending on push button 4wd, etc. might be more or less hoses and wiring connections. Just be careful and make sure you unclip wiring connections, I got to yanking on one this weekend and the damn wires pulled out of it- luckily for me though it was just the 4wd sensor and that thing hasn't worked since I cut it.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Seriously, just make sure you unhook all the wires/ plugs and the shifter and its drained of oil and its a 5 minute job getting it out. The hardes part is probably disconecting the driveshafts...Piece of cake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts