TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 tacoma with 6" ft and 1" cf spacer and a blown driver side cv boot. The truck leans to the driver side about 2 inches. Anyone know what the problem is?

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
out trucks naturally lean to the drivers side due to more weight from the battery and tank...2" is quite a bit, did you have the FT and spacer installed at the same time? did it start leaning after one of them was installed?

·
Registered
670 Posts
Just get a Fat girl to sit in the passenger side to level it out! hahaha

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had a 3" cf lift then put the 6" ft on and im pretty sure thats when it started. i have a 1" cf spacer now to get a little better cv angle but it still leans

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
crawler said:
I have a 99 tacoma with 6" ft and 1" cf spacer and a blown driver side cv boot. The truck leans to the driver side about 2 inches. Anyone know what the problem is?
That's just the way taco's are. They lean because of all the weight on the driver's side.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
yeah but 2" is pretty excessive...mine was maybe .5-1" lower on the driver side before i corrected it with coilovers

·
Registered
983 Posts
Mine leans about an inch to the drivers side as well. These trucks are lightly sprung to begin with; add the gas tank and a 200lb ******* in the drivers seat while off roading and sooner or later the drivers side front spring starts to sag. No big deal; when I replace the front struts I'll go with the adjustable coil overs to correct the lean.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thats wierd since, I probably have to realign my susp. but I'm rubbing only on the front right tire. Everything else is perfect except for the front right tire rubbing.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
eLN_No said:
Thats wierd since, I probably have to realign my susp. but I'm rubbing only on the front right tire. Everything else is perfect except for the front right tire rubbing.
have you done the pinch weld mod yet? that's where mine rubbed before i took the hammer to it

·
The Satanic Panic
609 Posts
i ask myself this question every time i look under there, why couldnt they have put the gas tank on the passenger side? :banghead: that would help

·
Registered
951 Posts
the rear leaf will also likely be negatively arched. If you added blocks during your lift, it will likely accellerate the issue.

Boheefus

1 - 12 of 12 Posts