TTORA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have heard there is a difference between the left and right oem coil spring on a 99 tacoma 4x4 2.7. Is it marked on the spring somewhere R or L? I am looking to sell my Fabtech coilovers and put the stock coils back in. Would I be able to do this by taking the top peice from the Fabtech coils which was originally stock to my truck off and re- building the stock coild with new shocks from advance auto or something? I am basically looking at reversing the build-up to use the topplate thats on the Fabtech lift, is what I'm asking, and put it back on the stock coil strut assembly where it was in the first place. Is this possible with new generic shocks or do I need to get a whole new toyota oem strut? I know I can do it because I build the Fabtech kit because I got the cheap ones you have to assemble. Compressing the springs isnt a problem. Dont ask why I just wanna know if it can be done this way. I dont see why not but before I start, I want to know your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
When I pulled my coils off for OME's there were no markings as to what side they should go on. The gansta lean is more offset by the leafs IMO. You should be able to use the top plate if it was OEM and buy new smaller shocks. They dont have to be OEM shocks they just have to be the same size as stock. Most auto places should be able to pull this info for you.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok thanks, now the only problem will be selling the fabtech coils with no topplate, whos gonna wanna buy that?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Jwitc075 said:
Ok thanks, now the only problem will be selling the fabtech coils with no topplate, whos gonna wanna buy that?
Buy a new topplate from the dealer or our sponsor toyotpartsales.com

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea thats a good idea, then sell them whole. I can do it all while I rent the coil compressor once. As far as the shocks go, Im probably going to go to the auto parts store but, I know theres going to be a few choices when it comes to quality. Would you reccomend higher end shocks or just cheap ones, keeping in mind there probably going to be replaces in the next 60,000 again anyway. ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts