TTORA Forum banner

61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
No, haven't tested it yet. Pretty anxious to though. I might take a little trip this weekend near my house and give er a go.

Is there a break in period for those gears? Should I run it for a couple hundred miles then drain/re-fill with fresh oil?

Also, the fill plug is pretty low on that case. Barely fills up halfway. That ok?

Guess I better change my signature now :)...Done

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Half way is plenty. I used to fill mine until it ran out the fill hole. It was probably really overfilled a little.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Congratulations, you're truck is now more capable than you are! Have fun, wheeling's going to be a lot more enjoyable now that you can crawl!
Well...it's good to hear from you "RED"...but ouch!! But you're right. Now I can grow into it.

Half way is plenty. I used to fill mine until it ran out the fill hole. It was probably really overfilled a little.
That's what I did...but it was only a quart. Just didn't seem like much to me.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
That's what I did...but it was only a quart. Just didn't seem like much to me.
Hum. Better check that again. A quart used to be what we used before the oil used the tail housing of the tranny.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
you're welcome on the tech support :D. glad you learned some stuff, and you will love it. You do know its all down hill from here right? :eek:
Ha. Thanks man. You were very helpful.

And yeah I kinda figured this is the "real" first step. But my truck is still too new to be banging around just yet. But I'm sure once I get that first big dent in the sheet metal....I won't be so gentle. :D

That being said...not sure I'll ever be able to hang with you guys.

Hum. Better check that again. A quart used to be what we used before the oil used the tail housing of the tranny.
Yeah I did the other night. Put another quart in her. Seems about right now. I'll keep my eye on it.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #70

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
Got back at er this afternoon to close up floor board and chop up console.

Before:

After:

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Nice and clean looking. Did you use a real boot under the trim or is that open

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
You mean around the two front shifters? Yes. There is a stock rubber (dual boot) cover I re- used that's under the trim.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Well...it's good to hear from you "RED"...but ouch!! But you're right. Now I can grow into it.
I didn't mean it like that. What I should have said is now you're truck is going to be able to go a lot of places you yourself aren't comfortable going to yet. I say this because when I first started wheeling my 85 I was very uncomfortable going some of the places it was capable of going.

Until I started getting a feel for it I was rather timid behind the wheel. It took a few people on here and many hours behind the wheel until I realized what the truck was really capable of.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
I didn't mean it like that. What I should have said is now you're truck is going to be able to go a lot of places you yourself aren't comfortable going to yet. I say this because when I first started wheeling my 85 I was very uncomfortable going some of the places it was capable of going.

Until I started getting a feel for it I was rather timid behind the wheel. It took a few people on here and many hours behind the wheel until I realized what the truck was really capable of.
I know...I's just messin with ya. I'll still be timid for a while I'm sure. It's still my DD so I don't wanna destroy it too much just yet. But I plan on getting a company van that will get me to work and back soon. That'll be nice

You forgot to say when the dents didn't matter any more
That...I'm sure...will have a lot to do with it as well.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Whats next now? Time for a SAS:saw::welder:
Ha. I wondered who would be the first to mention that.

Nah...not sure I ever will, but...who knows. :)

Maybe once I get sick of destroying cv's and ball joints, but we'll see.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts
About this Discussion
84 Replies
10 Participants
DudeMan
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing