TTORA Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of coarse there is the classic hydrolic floor jack..

or the Hi-lift jack..(if you have sliders/tube bumpers)

I dont have sliders or a tube bumper yet..so is there a floor jack that can lift the 05 taco up? (Say if it had a 6 inch suspension lift)

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
My floor jack is supposed to go 27" high, and if I get under the frame of my stocker truck it will get the front tires about 2" off the ground.

It's not tall enough for the rear suspension. I have to grab it under the axle to lift the rear.

If you want to pick up a truck with a 6" lift by the frame, you are going to need a jack that's 33" tall.

That's a BIG jack!

The good news is that just about any floor jack can get under the suspension and lift a Tacoma enough to do tires and brakes.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
There is always the ******* way... put you a big chunk of 4X4 on the jack. :)

I wouldn't recomend it though.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts

i have used a wooden block inbetween my jack and frame. it works quite well. and yes i do also use jack stands when i use my floor jack like that.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
597 Posts

Do this everytime I work on my truck, and as long as no one is under the truck while you are using it this way and as soon as you get lifted get jack stands under it, I don't think this is unsafe at all. But just my :2cents: its just common sense in how you are lifting it and always be aware where your legs/feet/head/etc are when jacking it up until you get jackstands under it.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
a 6 inch lift will not afect the height a whole lot under the front x member nor the rear axle. bigger tires will though. A non drop bracket lift will require a taller jack

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Whats wrong with jacking it up from the LCA then get a jack stand under the frame? :dunno:
X2

that's what i do most of the time when i don't feel like picking up my hyd jack from the storage unit.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Be a hillbilly and use a chain hoist with either a tree or a few 6x6's chained together at the top. Its always worked for me, but I am moving up in life. No need for the hoist, done got me a hi-lift.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts