TTORA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 81 Posts

·
235 Posts
Aop Is worthless with an event there. 2 million people in a 250 person area. They get stupid and s faced drunk and block off half the park and the other half gets blocked with rigs of spectators.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
keep the feedback coming guys.

Good to know about AOP -- i wasnt sure how popular the Ty Turner events were but I can imagine the redneck-ery going on there for a buggy comp.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
So, some of yall wanna go to harlan and some of yall wanna go to Windrock .... should we just plan two mini-setos? would that be easiest to keep everyone happy and everyone wheeling?

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
how bout this one? LOL

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
So, some of yall wanna go to harlan and some of yall wanna go to Windrock .... should we just plan two mini-setos? would that be easiest to keep everyone happy and everyone wheeling?
I understand that yall want to try and keep everyone happy, but it's impossible. The parks are only 2.5 hours apart, which I don't feel like would/should take somebody out of the trip really. Maybe that's easy for me to say since I probably own't be in attendance, but IMO: make the dates, set the location, have fun with who shows up. Or heck just set it up that SETO switches between locations every year and that moves it around

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I'm not fretting over this. I'm not "trying" to make everyone happy.

Colin's opinion is to let it go this year, as we won't be making to any location at all.

What I am trying to do is facilitate a wheeling trip for everyone that wants to and actually WILL be wheeling on Labor Day as has been done for 6 years now. If that means two groups in two locations, thats fine. This is the only trip some people get to make and I would like to help those who want to go find a group to ride with to have a fun weekend.

And 2.5 hours DID make a difference for all of the people who did not go to Harlan last year.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Colin's opinion is to let it go this year, as we won't be making to any location at all.

Wait, what does this mean? So who is going, Joe, Todd, the NC guys... And who else?

·
Registered
126 Posts
how bout this one? LOL

Lol, this is awesome.

Pretty much.

lets just reserve sights in Harlan and be done with it. I don't dislike windrock, but if it's gonna be a crowded cluster fornication then f that
Yeah, I really think WindRock is going to be crowded like nobodies' business, not to mention the price of the full weekend.

I would also love to check out Ivy Branch if any one would be down for that

Where's Ivy Branch?

EDIT: googled it. If I'm reading correctly the new ORV trails in the Hatfield-McCoy trail system, in WV?

·
Registered
126 Posts
Talked to some folks that went to Durhamtown tellico today. Said there's plenty for every skill/mod level, but not a ton for full blown buggies. Said there was definitely enough to do for at least a full day of wheeling.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts

Random wheeling pic to motivate people?

I completely disassembled my truck (again) and spent money i didn't have to fix a issue so it would 100% for labor day..hopefully i didn't waste my time lol

·
Registered
8,499 Posts

Random wheeling pic to motivate people?

I completely disassembled my truck (again) and spent money i didn't have to fix a issue so it would 100% for labor day..hopefully i didn't waste my time lol
We can go somewhere! We have a little over a month to plan SOMETHING

41 - 60 of 81 Posts