TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody done or seen lexan windows as the ext. cab windows of a Tacoma? I need to figure out what to do with mine.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I think Rolison has experience with lexan windows...Looks like about $90 for OEM replacement glass.
Yep, i wouldn't go the lexan route again with the temperature changes of winter. Ended up cracking.

I would either go for a replacement or weld in sheet metal to cover the hole. That piece should be easy to replace. Have you tried junkyards?

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you want to try some lexan, I have enough left over from my panels you are welcome to use.
I appreciate it man. I may get with you about that. I need to figure out how to do it, etc. Got a brake line coming too.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
whats wrong with a trash bag and gorilla tape?

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
There is a great Toy only yard up here Alan, I can go check for a window for you if you want, and get you a price.

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah, if you feel like checking with them, that'd be cool. thanks. don't go out of your way though.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
with some stickers on the bag, who would even know!
you can use that trail gear sticker you pulled off the back of your seat from last year! Im sure you can find some more around your truck! never a shortage of TG stickers!

·
Registered
3,527 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm beginning to think my cage will get in the way of pulling interior pieces to attach a new window but not totally sure yet.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Yes, plus another 'secret' place that Brad knows about - I'll have to get with him on it though.
I need to make a trip up there sometime.

Don't ask, Don't tell haha

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
I'm beginning to think my cage will get in the way of pulling interior pieces to attach a new window but not totally sure yet.
dumb cages ... If I ever get the chance it's partial exo for BR

Is yur's welded or bolted in? Have you considered saran wrap and duct tape? :p

·
Premium Member
3,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
dumb cages ... If I ever get the chance it's partial exo for BR

Is yur's welded or bolted in? Have you considered saran wrap and duct tape? :p
it's welded. the thought has crossed my mind about saran wrap and duct tape. I only need it to keep the rain out. it stays in the garage as it is.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts