TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
i was wondering if it started by the shooting area.... looked to be that direction....

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Yeah, and I bet they were all alone, completely stuck, and had to call people in to pull their sorry ass out. And I bet when they got home they got on the internet to post about stupid wheelers, even though their rescuers were still stranded. :p

Sorry, nobody had given you shit yet that I could see. Had to start somewhere.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Yeah, and I bet they were all alone, completely stuck, and had to call people in to pull their sorry ass out. And I bet when they got home they got on the internet to post about stupid wheelers, even though their rescuers were still stranded. :p

Sorry, nobody had given you shit yet that I could see. Had to start somewhere.
its been killing me to know what happened. i felt horrible when russell was asking if i had access to a flatbed....

so what is the story, not looking for the flame fest, we have all made a bad choice at one point or another lol

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Doug and I went up to recover stuck jay and I wound up with a trenion bearing failure. Limped it back to Nederland and jay hung out tel we went to get the trailer. His truck was broken too. The cv sheered off at the knuckle frome the sounds of it. After loading my truck and getting home it was 5am. I'm not pissed he didn't go with, shit I didn't wanna go back up but that's the longest my truck has been out of my sight not in the garage ever so I was already worried. No need to flame him we were all cold and tired. Eric came to my rescue with use of the trailer and Troy from scrapin by customs who was riding with me used his chevy to get it. Doug came back up in the car shuttle to get nates hatch and Nate took me by the house to grab a hitch and drop me at Erics shop where I met Troy. Doug dropped him at his truck in Longmont. Got the truck home and tore in to it today. The bearing was distroyed beyond recognition. I was planning on rebuilding hubs and putting my ifs hub parts on Sunday anyways. I have the fj to drive this week. Colt told member lend a hand so I may take the brake stuff over to him to mark out and drill and tap the hubs cause he's done it like 4 times. The only thing I may need a hand with it bleeding brakes and the clutch cause I'm doing my stainless hose to the slave and changing to v6 calipers.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
i didn't think that jay douched out, just seemed like a bad adventure for everyone and no one was saying anything...

let me know if you want a hand with the stuff.... ill come up and help ya out

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I know I was just posting up what happened. My bearing failure could have happened at any point. I'm glad it happened moving slow and not on the higway or on my way to work or something like that. I called around for bearings and am thinking about the bearing eliminator kit but atthe same time I may just grab a set of koyo bearings to throw in while I save save save for a diamond that will be an answer to the problem. I won't have to run spacers, won't have to worry about the stock birfs and can make it as wide as I want the correct way. Right now tires are on the list cause the short drive to Ned made my driver front almost smooth. I'm told my new ones will be here any day but I still need wheels.

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
russ told it like it happened. I was stupid, broke my truck, got some help from some good friends. I limped home. I had a broken truck, hadnt eaten or had anything to drink in 18 hours, so I wouldnt have been any help in getting russ's truck back. I already apologized to him personally for that and thanked everyone who helped me. Theres nothing to really talk about.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
russ told it like it happened. I was stupid, broke my truck, got some help from some good friends. I limped home. I had a broken truck, hadnt eaten or had anything to drink in 18 hours, so I wouldnt have been any help in getting russ's truck back. I already apologized to him personally for that and thanked everyone who helped me. Theres nothing to really talk about.

no worries at all man, like i said wasn't looking for the flame fest, just was curious what happened. glad that they were able to get ya pulled out, i dont think that you actually want to live up there lol

is your hub grenaded too?

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I wouldn't. Ned is a creepy place. 4 am and people are out walking like it's noon. I will say this tho, my truck was untouched sitting for 2 hours in the middle of a dark Parking lot. They saw the smooth tire and were like.... It's broken, next!

·
7,735 Posts
Blah, blah, blah, Jay is a dumbass fos snowbashing alone, blah blah, blah...

Back on topic, I drove by the fire on the way up to Rollins. Looks like lefthand is fukt for a while... I saw big flames south of the canyon and a ton of small fires 1 ridge north. I only saw this from 36, but it was big and pretty wide spread. I wouldn't count on that area being opened for a while.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
Blah, blah, blah, Jay is a dumbass fos snowbashing alone, blah blah, blah...

Back on topic, I drove by the fire on the way up to Rollins. Looks like lefthand is fukt for a while... I saw big flames south of the canyon and a ton of small fires 1 ridge north. I only saw this from 36, but it was big and pretty wide spread. I wouldn't count on that area being opened for a while.

nah i went up there snowbashing on my own a long time ago.... got stuck and spent a few hours trying to dig myself out before someone came to pull me out... so no bashing from me.... just didn't know what had happened.

last i heard they had about 60% contained and would be fighting hotspots for a bit... some douche firefighter was going off saying that the offroad community caused this. that always bothers me when someone just goes sprouting off before they even know what happened. i think it just got blown into a huge fire from the wind that we had earlier this week.... as for the cause who knows....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts