TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother bought an 07 tacoma prerunner SR5 V6 ext cab yesterday.

Anyway they knocked off $600 if they kept the stock alum wheels and threw on some steel ones.

Which is ok since he plans to go aftermarket and upsize the tires. Probably going to go with 265/75/16 tires.

So it's gonna require a 2-2.5 inch lift up front and maybe blocks in the back or AAL if he goes 2.5 since they give you 2 inches.

Anyone have the dealer say anything or deny them? Any stories with some back up proof?

I searched and couldn't find anything, maybe I can't spell.

Thanks,
Joe

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
perry had blown out his rear end on his fjc..they replaced it no prob but said if it happend again they wouldnt do it cause of the lift and tires? not sure if they can actually prove that was the cause :rolleyes: They HAVE to prove that is what is cause the malfunction... DANGER DANGER :D

·
Registered
947 Posts
Joe T said:
My brother bought an 07 tacoma prerunner SR5 V6 ext cab yesterday.

Anyway they knocked off $600 if they kept the stock alum wheels and threw on some steel ones.

Which is ok since he plans to go aftermarket and upsize the tires. Probably going to go with 265/75/16 tires.

So it's gonna require a 2-2.5 inch lift up front and maybe blocks in the back or AAL if he goes 2.5 since they give you 2 inches.

Anyone have the dealer say anything or deny them? Any stories with some back up proof?

I searched and couldn't find anything, maybe I can't spell.

Thanks,
Joe

It all depends on the dealer. Some will still do the work (the one I use), about 95% of the rest will use it as a reason to not do the work. Even if something breaks non-related to the lift. There are some good stories on the site. Try: "The dealership fucked me", "Stupid ass dealership", "can you believe this shit" or something along those lines. I have seen multilple stories on the subject. Again, its all going to depend on your dealership. I live in a smaller town 100K and know the service manager.

·
Registered
947 Posts
PuckerFactor said:
perry had blown out his rear end on his fjc..they replaced it no prob but said if it happend again they wouldnt do it cause of the lift and tires? not sure if they can actually prove that was the cause :rolleyes: They HAVE to prove that is what is cause the malfunction... DANGER DANGER :D
Which always seems to be very easy for some dealerships. At least based on some stories in the forum..

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok so I'll search "fuck the dealer" or "stupid ass dealer" later when I get time :lol: .

For the time being you guys can discuss.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
I had my dealer put on my Donahoe stuff all around. It was cheaper than the offroad stores labor and to have them sign off on their work is more than what I can say for a few sleazy shops in my area. They are going to put on my UCA's when I can afford them for only $240 and that includes alignment.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
06HAOLE
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing