TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if it is a bad idea to go with the hoe 's on the front of a 01 xtra cab and just shackles on rear with bils 5100 for my lift. Can't afford the rear leafs yet but want to get started on my lift. I was going to go with ome all around but after seeing pics of the amount of rake it seems that the only option its to go with coilovers on the front to keep things level. Also if I was to put hoes on the front is it better to go with deavers 9 pack on the rear or dakars. Just light wheeling and to get to motocross areas.

·
Registered
179 Posts
The hoe and shackle combo is good, many people run that set up.

Deaver = very good ride and flex, low tow capacity.

Dakar = good ride and decent flex, good tow capaicty.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I don't see why not if you can't afford the leafs yet. The shackles should work until then. Keep in mind shackles will make your leafs sag quicker than the stock shackles will. I have the 8 leaf Deavers on my Double Cab and I like them. I don't haul very much, but if I do it's under 500 pounds. If you carry more weight than that, look into the 9 or 10 leafs when you can afford leafs. :2cents:

Also, if your in the mindset of saving money, why not look at the SAW or Camburg coilovers? They have adjustable lift just like the DRs and are good COs as well.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I have hoes front and deavers rear-

1st YES hoes and a shackle will still be very nice

2nd i have an x cab with deaver 9 leafs and they haul weight and ride nice, if you are a dbl cab get the 10's at least.

good decision

1 - 5 of 5 Posts