TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched for about 2 hours and i can't find anyone who has put 31 inch boggers on a Tacoma. I have donahoe coilovers cranked to about 2 1/4 inches and was wondering how much higher i would have to go to clear these tires. i hope i don't get chewed out too much for asking.

·
Premium Member
2,224 Posts
you should be able to fit them withouth lift, i had 31s on my taco at stock ride height
x2 I have 31's on my 04 right now even with my suspension shot to hell. There was a little rubbing for the first few hundred miles then things got quiet pretty fast. But if I were you, I'd look into some 32's having a suspension lift already. It just depends if you wheel it a lot. The 32's will, of course, give you more surface area. I dunno if you'll have to regear with 32's, though. Somebody else?

·
Banned
136 Posts
when i had 32s i didnt have to regear, power was fine, i had a v6 though, not sure how a 4 cylinder would pull them. i had a buddy with an 04 4 cylinder running 31s and he had plenty of power. i had to regear when i got the 39.5s though! 5.71s:D

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
by experience i could say that swampers and maybe boggers also run significantly taller and wider than adverstised. You might want to keep that on mind if installing without lift.

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
I've searched for about 2 hours and i can't find anyone who has put 31 inch boggers on a Tacoma. I have donahoe coilovers cranked to about 2 1/4 inches and was wondering how much higher i would have to go to clear these tires. i hope i don't get chewed out too much for asking.
The width is the main concern with those tires, rather than the height. You'll need to focus more on having wheels with the proper backspacing, rather than looking for a specific amount of lift to clear the tires.

Read thru a variety of posts regarding people running 33x12.50's. That'll give you a good idea of the proper backspacing you'll need to clear the frame, upper arms, etc.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
the only thing you have to be careful with is the backspacing on the wheels. If you already have the wheels that you are going to use, you can maybe use spacers if you dont want to get new wheels.

They will rub the frame and upper arms. I had that same problem with stock wheels and 32x11.50s. I got some wheels with alot less backspacing than stock(3 & 5/16) and corrected the problem

·
Registered
444 Posts
how wide of a bogger are you planning on getting? 12.5? 10.5? the lugs that stick out a little past the sidewall are HUGE, i'd say width (of your tire as well as your rim) is also a very important factor.

·
Registered
521 Posts
S

12.5 boggers will tear the shit out of that truck while turning!!! Boggers+Hawaii=???????????

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
I feel that I can give a little bit of insight on this subject. On my 96' Tacoma, I ran 31x12.50 BFG AT's on 15x10 MT Classic 2's w/ 3 5/8" backspacing. I had no frame rub, the front valance was trimmed. I had a revtek topout spacer on some saggin ass stock coils, so I had to trim the fender by the pinch weld. So essentially I had NO lift on the truck at the time. They cleared on the street but would rub a little bit offroad. The thing about the boggers, those lugs are gonna have a tendency to grab fenders and fender flares a lot more than the tight voids on the BFG AT tread pattern. Basically its gonna be a trial an error thing for you since you've already got the lift on it. Worst case scenario, trim the fender a little bit, trim the valance a little bit, and pound the pinch weld. I'd definitely go ahead and flatten the pinch weld down.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the help with my situation. I dunno but here in Hawaii everyone love's the way that boggers look and sound while driving down the road. The only kind of wheeling that my truck sees is mostly sand and mud so i'm not going to flex it so much. I'm mostly worried about my turning radius, if i can turn the wheel all the way without the tires rubbing. I plan on running the boggers on 15x10 weld's super single II with 3.625 backspacing or classic II 15x10 with 3 5/8 backspacing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
yeah a 31" tall tire should fit fine as it is now:welder:

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
your fine, Ive got a buddy with those wheels and 32 10.50s are nowhere near rubbing. He is running a 2" lift

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've been wondering if 31x12.50 would be better than 33x10.50 boggers. I'm only using them as my off road tires because I use my truck as a daily driver and still want a quiet ride sometimes. I was told 33x10.50 wouldn't fit unless i add a body lift. I hope this clears some stuff up

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
i just had a really smartass remark typed up...then i remembered it was in the newbie section.

come on man...you lke the way they sound?

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
come on man...you lke the way they sound?
No he said

I dunno but here in Hawaii everyone love's the way that boggers look and sound while driving down the road.
not necessarily that HE likes the way they look and sound. But I am kinda surprised that the original question wasn't "Do I need 3 feet or 4 feet of lift to run a 31"x15.50" on 15"x20" rims. I never go offroad" :rofl:

(I'm just jealous you live in Hawaii, so have to give you a little heckling)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.