TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any suggestions for someone to install a lift on my Tacoma, locally in the Albany/Corvallis area?
I know I know, you'll say do it yourself.
Pretend that's not an option, where would you go? I've never had susupension work done, so I'm just looking for some reputable/recommended shops. Schwabs is not an option.

I know the parts I want to use, SAWs in the front, and replace the leafpack and new Bilsteins in the back.

Thanks!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Any suggestions for someone to install a lift on my Tacoma, locally in the Albany/Corvallis area?
Pretend that's not an option, where would you go? I've never had susupension work done, so I'm just looking for some reputable/recommended shops. Schwabs is not an option.

I know the parts I want to use, SAWs in the front, and replace the leafpack and new Bilsteins in the back.

Thanks!
Your already in the right direction if your not gona have schwab do it. Don't know of any shops down that way though, some other guys might... or some of the guys down that way may be able to just help you do it.

·
Registered
434 Posts

Thanks!
malcoms auto electric talk to Ken the owner (Corvallis) tell him chad from Enterprise Rent a Car sent you. He'll make it happen for you the right way the honest way he charges whats its worth and backs it up.(youll have to provide the parts) ... ive done front end work with him for about 8 years now now and when i worked at a tire shop. ive got a few choices in the tangent area as well.

Or if you want some hands on a buddy and i will do it for you! for a less costly feee that is

·
Registered
552 Posts

What kind of lift are you putting in? I live in Corvallis and might be able to help you out.
first post

levi333 said:

·
Registered
292 Posts
I can give you a hand, if that's an option. I live right in town. Installed my own set of Donahoe's, total chaos A-arms, and wheeler's five-leaf. That was two summers ago and no issues.

As far as a shop, I'd get the parts through Wheeler's Offroad. They're down in Grant's Pass. Great guys. They don't install, but can point you in the direction of several installers. But they are all down there.

·
Registered
506 Posts
first post
Good call, somehow I missed that and was confused.... :doh:

And yes, that would stand for Volkswagen-Tim

Why not do a Corvallis tech day, fire up the grill and we'll come over and help you out. Shouldn't be hard at all. I've got SAW's and Deavers on my '99.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Leonard's Off-Road in Hillsboro might be an option

or... Landcruiser Northwest. They were in NW Portland but they moved somewhere and I'm not sure where. They would probably work on a Taco.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the tips so far. I'll probably be waiting until early summer to get the parts. Some firearm related purchases have taken the funds...

·
Registered
506 Posts
Volkswagens? its all toyota baby
there seemes to be a lot of corvallis guys on this board

GO TO GENERAL FORUM corvallis topic
Yup, I own a couple VW's and race them in NHA hillclimbs. My Taco is my DD/weekend toy.

And I DID post in that thread, no reason to yell :xpimp:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts