TTORA Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kinda lift kit are you using? How much lift did you get? What kinda Mods were needed to install? What size,make and wheel are you using? What gears or rears are you using? Brakes? Pics Wanted!
Please Answer All Questions!!!!
This Should Be Interesting!!!

Don't ask, I'm not running a lift yet but plans to buy another truck for that purpose!!!! TOYOTA TRUCKS 4 EVER!!!!

·
Registered
97 Posts
As a fellow board noob I have quickly learned to do as much searching and reading the existing threads as possible, as to not disturb the natives. They can get quite hostile.

Good luck!

·
Registered
908 Posts
Just save, save, save; all the $$$$ for the "GOODS"
then do it

In the long run it will save you money...........

In the meantime read everything new and old you can ...........

OH YEAH..........WRONG THREAD BETTER ASK A MOD TO MOVE FOR YA ............

BEFORE YA GET ANY MORE ...........FLAMED!!!!!...........ONE ISN'T BAD...........

WHERE'S THE JIFFY POP

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wasn't really doing this for myself, just thought it would be a good post that people could refer to, to help someone make thier choice. Wasn't doing this to be selfish just helpful. Sorry, if everyone is so against this than i will try to have it removed. Either way, great website!
Ken

·
Registered
233 Posts
67w30 said:
Wasn't really doing this for myself, just thought it would be a good post that people could refer to, to help someone make thier choice. Wasn't doing this to be selfish just helpful. Sorry, if everyone is so against this than i will try to have it removed. Either way, great website!
Ken
you need to understand that there is thousands of members on here. and hunderds with lifts.. so just imagine if you used the little thing called the search function you could find hours of posts on all your questions and answer 99% of them. People just get tired of the same questions being asked over and over when the answers are there for you already. So this is about as nice as a post you will get. Good luck and I hope you enjoy this site. And if you feel people here are dicks then you might want to go over to a site called pirate4x4... they are very nice and always help out a newb :xpopcorn2

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
Well shit... you asked everything but forgot to start a poll... I think you need to redo this thread and add a poll to it...

Once you start the new thread with the poll included... I will answer each and every question you have with the utmost professionalism...

Oh and be sure to list yer name and telephone number so that I can update you as things change around here... I think there's a new lift coming out and all you have to do is blow into a tube and the truck will raise or lower accordingly... No need to change to bigger tires... they blow up as well... You'll really like it... it's da' bomb...

·
Registered
401 Posts
im feeling the 10'' tacoma lift with about a 3 inch body. You might, MIGHT be able to fit 33's under that, but it could rub

·
Registered
275 Posts
TacoDell said:
Well shit... you asked everything but forgot to start a poll... I think you need to redo this thread and add a poll to it...

Once you start the new thread with the poll included... I will answer each and every question you have with the utmost professionalism...

Oh and be sure to list yer name and telephone number so that I can update you as things change around here... I think there's a new lift coming out and all you have to do is blow into a tube and the truck will raise or lower accordingly... No need to change to bigger tires... they blow up as well... You'll really like it... it's da' bomb...
hahahahahahhahahaha

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Dan_meister said:
As a fellow board noob I have quickly learned to do as much searching and reading the existing threads as possible, as to not disturb the natives. They can get quite hostile.

Good luck!
Im impressed. :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dan_meister said:

Good luck!
Don't suck up to the ppl on this site. The sad part is the cocky ones that use terms like "newb" n what not pretend like they know everythinga bout trucks but the truth is they dont. If they did they wouldnt be on here looking up posts and finding things out. And if they do know everything about trucks, why are you on here and wasting your time? That's not directed towards everyone, i've found many of the people on here helpful... It's just the ones that have nothing else to do but type useless information like..."hey noob why dont you go and search on the internet you'll find it there!!" Well holy crap! Who'd a thunk it? Then i guess that would make this website pointless? Wouldnt it?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
bsing11 said:
Don't suck up to the ppl on this site. The sad part is the cocky ones that use terms like "newb" n what not pretend like they know everythinga bout trucks but the truth is they dont. If they did they wouldnt be on here looking up posts and finding things out. And if they do know everything about trucks, why are you on here and wasting your time? That's not directed towards everyone, i've found many of the people on here helpful... It's just the ones that have nothing else to do but type useless information like..."hey noob why dont you go and search on the internet you'll find it there!!" Well holy crap! Who'd a thunk it? Then i guess that would make this website pointless? Wouldnt it?

Just to clarify, when we say search it means search this forum, not the internet. The point is simple, many questions like this have been answered many times before. Hence if you search, you will find answers much faster than waiting for others to respond.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Yes we're hoping someday the "search" disease will spread and repetitive posts like this one wont clog the forum.

We search for them and post, not because we dont know the answer, but we're showing them that we're not "BSing" when we say the answer has already been posted elsewhere and we provide a handy link. And not all info is put to memory so yes, sometimes we do refer back to old threads by using the oh so useful "SEARCH FUNCTION"

If you're so knowledgeable why dont you post up more often and help out? Looks like all you had to add to this was some BSing.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Everything has been answered on this website and any forum. There are only so many questions you can ask about a truck. Please tell me what hasnt been answered? The fact of the matter is, instead of looking through the MILLIONS of post on the website, people start new ones hoping to get help. If you dont want to help then why dont you keep your cocky comments and "flames" to yourself? Does it make you feel better? Its just a waste of time and space. And thats my point, im not talking to the people that post up old links to use. Im talking about the people that do exactly what i just said. If you want to help then leave a useful post. Its that simple.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
116 Replies
38 Participants
MrSammi
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing