TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone just a quick ? im looking at picking up a trail gear lift for my 85 4runner but in all the forums ive read that you should get an extra inch of lift for the back due to the weight of the vehicle but the guys at trail gear are completly against it, im a bit confused. This is my first solid axle rig, and i just want to make sure that this will work the first time. im looking at a 4inch lift to clear 35's and possibly 37's in the future. I know this is a noob question but i would think the guys at trail gear would have quite a bit of experience with this extra inch of lift in the rear situation, if anyone could help answer this question any advice would be really helpfull.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you drive with the top off, leave tools and spares at camp, just 1 person? if not an extra inch may help with the settling.
most of the time i actually drag most of my stuff around w/ me, spare, ectra parts, tools ect, and i hardly ever take my top off just because i dont really have a place to put it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
you will want it slightly taller in rear to acommadate the extra weight.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just ordered from Superior Off Road off of Pirate hes in Oregon nice guy he gave me a real good deal, if anyones looking for TG parts look him up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got all the lift parts but need a little help, had a friend that was suppost to help me but took off to oregon, and my little lincoln 110v aint gonna cut it. if anyone wants to give me a hand ill bring beer and some $$ but i must worn you a head of time im a broke college kid. i was hopeing to possibly dig into it fri. 9/30 through sun. 10/1 if it takes all three days.... hopefully it doesnt.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
808nickh
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing