TTORA Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Mine ride pretty good, but I have the 4x2 TRD Tundra coils and blue and red Bilstein shocks. No 1/2" spacer, though, so no preload. I got a little over 1.5" of lift up front. I've had them for about a year and over 15K miles and have done one 4-diamond, a few 3-diamond and a bunch of 2-diamond trails at Gilmer and Hot Springs with no complaints. I'll definitely get another set when these wear out. Got 'em locally for $100, and another $20 for a local tire shop to compress the coils while I swapped the top plates (total = $120). FWIW, I'm still running stock leaf packs and stock length 5100 ("HD") Bilsteins in the back.

I was wondering the same thing. I've already desided on hoes up front but am debateing between a deaver 8 pack or 5 pack with the overload and brilstine 5100s for hauling. Anyone have any experience with these setups?

I just got my Wheelers 5 leaf replacement leafs and Bilstiens in the mail, I had sent my Doetsch CO's off to have them rebuilt 2 weeks before I ordered the stuff from Wheelers hoping everything would come back about the same time but still no sign of the CO's yet. I'll post pics of my set-up when I get everything in and install it.

My setup hasn't changed, still good. I got rid of the UCA's and the poly squeek, and I don't have to worry about rebuilding or recharging shocks as on the coilovers over time, although I can't say that about my bilstein 7100's. For the front the OME shocks provide more travel and the Tundra coils allow the ride and the lift I needed, it works great for the money.
As in my past post, I still think the 7100's are overkill, and the Deaver leafs don't allow the cargo capacity that I would like. The system rides good, you just have to make sacrifices.

mudferret said:
Go beat your coils for a couple of weeks before getting an alignment, they will settle.
Dont drive around too long. I drove a few weeks (about 1000 mi.) and my front tires were shot. Most of it was me being hard headed but my :2cents:

Discussion starter · #28 ·
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.