TTORA Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read in a previous post where someone stated that with the tuff country 5" lift and the fabtech 6" lift, there is required cutting of the frame. Could someone please explain why the frame would need to be cut and which lift out of the two would be better suited for someone who wants to run 33's and would be doing some mild wheeling maybe once a month, but the truck would mostly stay on the pavement.

·
Registered
296 Posts
captain stabbin said:
I read in a previous post where someone stated that with the tuff country 5" lift and the fabtech 6" lift, there is required cutting of the frame. Could someone please explain why the frame would need to be cut and which lift out of the two would be better suited for someone who wants to run 33's and would be doing some mild wheeling maybe once a month, but the truck would mostly stay on the pavement.
theres a cross brace that's behind your front differential and it has to be cut so your driveshaft doesn't hit it when the diff is lowered. It's just a couple of sawzall cuts. As for what lift, I would say go with the 6 inches, its a little more expensive but will clear the 33's better and you will regret it later on if you only do the 5 inches.... at least I regret not doing a 6 inch drop bracket

·
Registered
24 Posts
tbplus10 said:
Save the crossmember, with a welder anythings possible.

Tim
I was thinking the same thing...when I traded in my first Tacoma a few years back we welded the crossmember back in...it was a sloppy job cause it was a last second trade, but the dealership was willing to take it...

David

1 - 5 of 5 Posts