TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I am suspension retarded and trying to learn. I recently put a 3" cheap lift on my 96 Taco. I put on top load spacers (3" of lift I believe) with trd shocks and progressive springs. In the rear I put on a leaf pack that gives 3" on the back with extended ranchos. After the lift is on it looks like I have some camber issues that might be fixed with an alignment. My big issue is when I put my fingers in between the tire and my upper ball joint they touch on each side. My wheelin consist of mountain trails while bear hunting. Is this a problem and if so how, and how can I fix it? Money is an object but I don't want to be breaking parts all the time either. Thanks

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
ClovisTaco said:
Sorry if this sounds dumb, but I am suspension retarded and trying to learn. I recently put a 3" cheap lift on my 96 Taco. I put on top load spacers (3" of lift I believe) with trd shocks and progressive springs. In the rear I put on a leaf pack that gives 3" on the back with extended ranchos. After the lift is on it looks like I have some camber issues that might be fixed with an alignment. My big issue is when I put my fingers in between the tire and my upper ball joint they touch on each side. My wheelin consist of mountain trails while bear hunting. Is this a problem and if so how, and how can I fix it? Money is an object but I don't want to be breaking parts all the time either. Thanks
if you are 4x4 a 3" top-load lift will seriously screw things up...hyperextension of the CVs (you can actually cause the inner joint to pop right out) and upper ball joints to name a few.

anything thicker than 1/2" for a TL spacer is only asking for trouble

search is your friend ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would delete this one but don't know how. I posted in fng area because I realized my original post was in the wrong area. So, any mods can delete this thread. Sorry

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
ClovisTaco said:
I've been using the search but haven't found the answers I'm looking for. So, would a 3" toy-tech coil w/ top plate spacers do the same or would that resolve my issues?
the toytech lift is a better choice. get that kit you have now out of there before you do any serious damage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
hytenor
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing