TTORA Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have been doing some searching on lifts. I understand with 3" i can fit 32s and maybe 33s with my 15" outlawIIs 3.75 backspacing. I am looking for the easiest way to get 3 inches either body lift or suspension. It seems like alot of people buy some stuff to lift the front and other stuff for back. I would want to buy a complete kit with everything I need to lift the truck so if needed I can take it to a mechanic and have it installed. Is there any of them EASY to install? IF you guys can give me some recomendations, with price and how hard to install I would appreciate it , Thanks.

My truck is a 2001 4x4

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Most lift components really arent that hard to install if you have a couple buddies and the right tools. There are a lot of ways to lift and that is just it, I would search around and see which tradeoffs you are alright with so you can decide between body lifts, spacer lifts, new springs, adjustable coilovers and so on. Personally I have a 2" body lift (which most dont like but has been perfect for me) and then adjustable coilovers in the front to even it out. It fits 33x10.5s on 15x7 wheels with 3.5" BS but I will be getting new wheels soon.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Call Wheeler's and talk to Jason. I would recommend a coilover in the front(saw 2.0, 2.5, or ho's, or camburg) with new springs in the back(deaver, alcan, ect...). Your will need extended rear brake lines, and that is about it. I just got my set up from Wheeler's: SAW 2.0(front) Alcans(rear) new rear brake lines, OME greasable shackles, and all hardware for about $1600 shipped. You can do it cheaper, but IMO, you get what you pay for. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
You can do it cheaper, but IMO, you get what you pay for. Good luck.
Yea, if you've got the money definitely go this route, for me on a college budget, i got a toytec 3" which was just an Add A Leaf in the rear and a coil spacer upfront. It was around 300ish and i had a guy on here help me install it. Just from watching i could easily do it myself in a day now. It all depends on how much you want to spend. Generally you get what you pay for :2cents:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would rather go the cheaper route. I dont offroad this truck much , it is my DD so it wont be rode on rough terrain to much. I have another truck for that kind of abuse.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
My DD is "Finally" going to get it's lift in about a week. I just ordered toytec's 3" Deluxe 1000. It comes with everything you need and is $275.99 shipped to you door. The lift is very easy to install, the hardest part is compressing the spring to install the from spacer. I'm going to be running 32x11.50 BFG Mud terrain on 15x8 wheels.

http://www.toyteclifts.com/9504tacocart.html#3"prodeluxe1000

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I would rather go the cheaper route. I dont offroad this truck much , it is my DD so it wont be rode on rough terrain to much. I have another truck for that kind of abuse.

Yep, that is the route that I went when I was in school. Good luck to you. Post up some pics when completed.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah the 1000 is what i am looking at too. Let me know how it goes man. I have little mechanic experience, if im not able to install does anyone know what a mechanic might charge?

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Most shops will charge 20-30 buck to set up your coils and struts and then the rest is just bolting stuff on. Really pretty easy.

This site might help: http://www.sfwda.org/businesses.html

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
The lift is on. I started Friday at 4pm and would have finish that evening but my coil compressor broke so I had to take them to a shop Saturday morning. The shop I took it to charged me $30 per strut. I could have gotten it cheeper but I needed a place that could do it asap and was close to my house. I did everything else by myself and managed to get it all done correctly. But if you arn't that comfortable doing it yourself I'd find a buddy that has an idea or a machanic background. Or even just someone for moral support. I've installed lifts and lowered trucks before. Plus I was an F/A-18 machanic for 6 yrs.

Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Car Automotive tire

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle

1 - 13 of 13 Posts