TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I am looking at doing a cheaper lift for the tacomas. I am looking at like the 3 inch Revtek or the 3 inch Pro comp. I also saw a 2 1/2 inch Daystar lift, but what I am wondering is they are all coil spacer lifts right? Whats the best out of them all? And should I even bother because I have Front Add, will the angles tear up the boots from this lift?

Thanks Guys Toyotawild

·
Not really here...
3,013 Posts
Toyotawild said:
Alright I am looking at doing a cheaper lift for the tacomas. I am looking at like the 3 inch Revtek or the 3 inch Pro comp. I also saw a 2 1/2 inch Daystar lift, but what I am wondering is they are all coil spacer lifts right? Whats the best out of them all? And should I even bother because I have Front Add, will the angles tear up the boots from this lift? Thanks Guys Toyotawild
I see that this is your first post, so I'll try to be nice. But your questions are asked and answered a hundred times over in the suspension folder, which is where your post would be better suited. Use the search function rather than just asking any question that comes to mind. People are much more inclined to help those who help themselves rather than someone who just expects everyone else to tell them what to get or what to do. There is no "best" option. What's best for you may not be best for the next person.

That being said... yes, the Revtek and Daystar are coil spacers (I'm unfamiliar with Pro-Comp's 3" kit; I didn't know they had one). There's not a whole lot of difference between the majority of spacer lifts, aside from materials (Revtek and Daystar use polyurethane, or something similar, while most others use aluminum). It's a spacer. It's not exactly rocket science, and one block of aluminum is likely going to be just as good as another. Same goes for polyurethane. The major differences tend to be in the price, customer service, and included kit parts (if any). Other companies to consider would be Toytec, Cornfed, and Donahoe (all of whom are members on this board).

With 3" of lift on your ADD-equipped truck, you may run into increased wear on your CV boots. Some do, some don't... and how quickly that wear leads to a tear is highly variable. Best thing to do is to keep them clean and monitor them regularly.

But again... read as much as you can and search as much as you can in this folder and even moreso in the suspension folder (where suspension questions go). Plenty of discussions related to this topic to be found.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts