TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok guys, I think I've researched to my limit, and have decided what I'm gonna do, give me some input on what you guys think, or would do in my case. I feel like a moron, but just wanna make sure I'm getting exactly what I need and don't F up and get something that's not gonna work, such as wheels which I did a crap load of reading on due to the issues 01-04 Tacos have. I have a 2002 Tacoma Prerunner D-Cab 2wd.

Front- Toytec Coil-overs (I could only find limited info about these, as they are fairly new, but I figured I'd go out on a limb and be a Guinea pig in a way and see how they run)
Rear- Complete All Pro Offroad leaf pack with upgraded 5150 Bilstein shocks. Also, will I need a BPV ext?
Wheels/Tires- Pro Comp Xtreme Alloy Series 1069, 16x8. If I'm correct I need 6x5.5 pattern, and a 4in backspacing. These are the sames wheels that are on Wheelers Off Road site. As for the tires I've settled on the BFG A/T 285/75.

A big change from what I originally planned to do, but I decided what the hell, might as well fork up the $$ and get a good setup. Once again, thanks guys, Y'all have been a big help.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Everything looks ok, just remember the longer rear break line. And yes, you need to extend the BPV hanger buy the same amount you lifted the truck.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
AND: I would suggest you go with OME or SAW coilovers, as they are tested over years and come highly reccomended. I cant see them being much more than the toytec stuff.

I would also suggest you get Deavers or Alcans over the all-pro rear leafs. Even adding a deaver 3-leaf pack will work wonders.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
you dont need a longer brake line if you bend your tabs under there enough. i have 3 inch springs and ive got plenty of line left when fully articulated. x2 on alcans and different co's though. get a used set and rebuild if necassary

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good points. How about Donahoe coilovers, Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks and the Deaver 8 leaf pack. Only one question about the Deaver's, it says on wheelers off road the these are only 1.5" of lift, with the coils at full of 3" up front, and these at 1.5" in the rear, that should even out right? cause the back sits a little high at stock. once again thanks guys, anything else you guys wanna mention feel free. so basically i would be taking the same route as jessevic...

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
wait wait wait...time out! If you are doing a 2wd truck, i'm guessing you want to do the baja/prerunner route? If so, you want long travel shocks, not basic SAW's.

can you expand a bit more on what you want to do with the truck?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Good points. How about Donahoe coilovers, Bilstein 5100 Rear Shocks and the Deaver 8 leaf pack. Only one question about the Deaver's, it says on wheelers off road the these are only 1.5" of lift, with the coils at full of 3" up front, and these at 1.5" in the rear, that should even out right? cause the back sits a little high at stock. once again thanks guys, anything else you guys wanna mention feel free. so basically i would be taking the same route as jessevic...
if you go with donahoe c/o's id suggest the camburg uca's as well. wheelers has it for 1300 out the door. you dont want to crank the c/o's to 3" because its a shitty ride and too much stress. mine are set at 2 1/2 and it is perfect.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have Camburg COs, Camburg UCAs, a deaver 8 leaf and Bil 5125s in the back.. IMO, a great setup. No problems at all. You might have to do some trimming in order for 285/75 to not rub offroad. I went with 265/75/16 and didn't have to trim at all.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well, a bit of offroading, nothing heavy, i camp/fish alot so really nothing to intense. I took y'alls advice, i went with the Hoes and camburg uca's up front, and decided with the alcan 8 leaf pack with some bilstein 5100s in the rear. combine that with the procomp 1079 wheels and some BFG AT 285/75/16 , i think it will be a good setup, im officially broke now, but what the hell its for a good cause right?:cool: i should have it all up and running within 2 weeks or so, ill be sure to post pics

1 - 10 of 10 Posts