TTORA Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my fagtech 3" lift with rear aal and Im cool with putting it in myself,but everyone keeps telling me that the spring could really knock out some on my teeth or worse.I have the compressor clamps and everything but I dont want to die or get a digit pinched off.I worked in a welding shop full of all kinds of things that would mess you up good,and I know first hand how easy parts of the body can get removed by something. :saw:
Also has anyone local had new gears installed at a shop,I know you guys are around cause I seen a silver and a red truck on Park Blvd with TTORA stickers on the windows,Which I want to get btw.I was just trying to get a total,I dont want to take a big power hit when the 33s go on.Thanks fellas

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yes, a compressed spring is dangerous if not properly secured. I completed the same install on my last rig(actually in St. Pete at the time) and used the screw type, cheap coil compressors and it worked fine. If you do go this route just make sure the clamps are on the springs good and possibly wrap the spring with a towel or something to minimize possible damage if something does go wrong.

However, those sping compressors are a PITA and time consuming. I may be worth your time and effort to simply take out the assembly and take it to a shop to have them change out the top-plate(should be very cheap). Then you can just re-install the assembly.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
tacundra
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing