TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my gf has an 08 4 door tacoma, and its time for new tires asap. We want to lift it soon but dont have the extra 800-1000 for replacement coil overs right with christmas coming. So I figured I can just get bigger tires and a coil over spacer/leveling kit for the time being atleast so the tires are out of the way. Dude at orw says any bigger then stock tires are gonna rub on the upper arm and I have to buy wheels. Wtf I swear I see tacos all day with a replacement coil over or leveling kit with bigger tires and stock wheels. Educate me please, is dude just trying to sell me wheels or is he right?

·
Registered
107 Posts
research dude

·
Registered
40 Posts
Here's the cave man way to figure out a solution:

look at all the photos of similar tacos on this website and look for what you want yours to look like, then ask the owner what he had to do to make them fit.

·
Registered
478 Posts
also worste case scenario, get wheel spacers...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also worste case scenario, get wheel spacers...
I just found out my friend who has had his truck for about 7 years has wheel spacers. wow. Its a 00 4x4 with sway away replacements. After working on his truck doing almost everything I thought I knew it up and down. Funny you say that. Thanks for the replies, ya i deff should have researched this lame question I just thought there must be people who have tried it and ended up needing wheel spacers, wheels, or found a tire size that worked. Really don't want wheel spacers, but eh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts