TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok so I had a Superlift 4"-5" lift installed and now the bottom of the IFS sits lower than it did originally, Yes I have more travel and dont slam the tires into the wheel wells "as long as I'm not pretending to be in the Paris Dakar" But still having ground clearance issues, The original cv angle was down and now they are almost straight out. I had the torsion bar cranked up quite a bit not sure how much further it will go. Anybody else have this problem?

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Do those come with a replacement crossmember? is What you are saying is "lower"? If so it is like that so that your c.v. angle remains closer to stock specs. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to lift IFS over 3".

·
Cracker
5,648 Posts
xcmountain80 said:
Ok so I had a Superlift 4"-5" lift installed and now the bottom of the IFS sits lower than it did originally, Yes I have more travel and dont slam the tires into the wheel wells "as long as I'm not pretending to be in the Paris Dakar" But still having ground clearance issues, The original cv angle was down and now they are almost straight out. I had the torsion bar cranked up quite a bit not sure how much further it will go. Anybody else have this problem?
The drop-down kits do not enhance your ground clearance, thier primary function is to allow larger tires while keeping geometry good. Using ball joint spacers is recommended if you are putting alot of tension on your torsion bars. Basically, the only way to tell for sure how much you can put on them is to crank 'em up and then test your travel. You'll know real quick when you've gone too far because you can torque them to the point that your upper control arms do not move. Pretty unscientific method I'll admit, but it's about the best way I've found. You're gonna have to live with the minimal ground clearance- ther's no way around it. The kit is designed to accommodate bigger tires, which will offer overall a little more clearance. Hard to tell if you're exxagerating about the ground clearance being less than stock- it might be equal to or a little more, but overall I'm sure it's not what you were expecting. You might get more ideas on yotatech, as there are more t-bar owners over there... Good Luck!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually I didi lose clearance like I said the cv's were angled down now they are straight out , however I did come out with two more options SAS "sweet" or 33's hell maybe both Yes I think that will help of course I just wasted my cash on the lift,,, oh well live and learn, I feel like a bulldozer when running down some of the trails, ..

Aaron

·
Registered
168 Posts
I get what your saying. Most drop down lift keep you at stock height with the front crossmember, but yours is lower than it was stock. Right?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah stock was like 10" with the 31x10.50's from the bottom of the lower cross now its like 8" with the torsion bars 3/4 tightned. I guess next is the set of 33's.

Aaron

·
Registered
282 Posts
xcmountain80 said:
yeah stock was like 10" with the 31x10.50's from the bottom of the lower cross now its like 8" with the torsion bars 3/4 tightned. I guess next is the set of 33's.
Sounds like the t-bars more crank. How tall is the BJ spacer in relation to your diff drop? How close is your upper arms to the top out stops?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Basically, what I mean is that if everything was lowered equally (ie: 4" BJ spacer, 4" diff drop/lower a-arm drop), you should be able to put the upper a-arms back in their "factory" position/angle. As Chris was saying, you don't gain any extra ground clearance until you put on larger tires. 0.5" up per every 1" increase in tire height.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oh ok that makes sense I was like hmmm yes everything should be correct, their kit seemed to be pretty good on keepig all the original locations on parts "Front lift is achieved by lowering the lower control arms via one-piece crossmember assemblies. The upper control arms must remain in their factory location since they attach to the torsion bars which cannot be relocated. New precision cast knuckles bridge the increased distance between the upper and lower control arms. The front differential housing is lowered to keep CV axle angles in check. " Was thinking about an SAS anyway I wasnt very satisfied with the size gain dont get me wrong she doesn't rub unless im really flexin her and it looks great but im not about looks mostly about function.

thanks though

Aaron

1 - 11 of 11 Posts