TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the help of some buddies, we lifted the new taco about 3". It went smooth other than the fact one center pin got striped. Then figured out that it was easyer to get the shock and coil out if you remove the steering nuckel and the sway bar. They were just in the way. Easy enough to do. some more pics soon. At least the truck did not have a prob. like my friends civic which was getting new axles put in. They got it put back together and he went for a test drive. not more that 10 feet out of the drive he heard clunk and then the car would not go. :D

·
Registered
300 Posts
:soapbox: where are the pics?

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Bryanccfshr said:
Hey Newbie what parts?and WTF are the pics?? Withoutpics this post is a waste of precious energy!
yea, damn noobs! :banghead: go and tease everyone like that, sheesh.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey man hold up!!! I got a few before and a couple during but my camera sucks for dark shots since that is when I finished. I have to edit them so they can be seen and I did not have time just before midnight to get them fixed up. Also It is frigin snowing today so better pics are out till it stops. I will post them on my webshots and post the link to them. Do you know of a way to smudge with microsoft photo editor? I need to get the SKIN shots out of the pics.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay, The front spacers are the ones from toy-tech 3". The rear is the pro-comp AAL. I still need to get the alignment done so I have not really tested it out yet. So far from my trec into work, the ride did stiffen a little, but it is very cofortable. I think because of the extra weight compared to the earlier models it rides more like a Tacadilac.

·
Registered
711 Posts
jayotto4 said:
Hey man hold up!!! I got a few before and a couple during but my camera sucks for dark shots since that is when I finished. I have to edit them so they can be seen and I did not have time just before midnight to get them fixed up. Also It is frigin snowing today so better pics are out till it stops. I will post them on my webshots and post the link to them. Do you know of a way to smudge with microsoft photo editor? I need to get the SKIN shots out of the pics.
Skin pics hey??? Just post them... :lmao:

·
Wile E. Coyote... Genius.
208 Posts
Heh heh heh...

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
jayotto4 said:
excuses, excuses :p

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
I'm thinking about getting an 05 next year. I wonder how long it will take to mod it some way? :D :xrocker:

·
Registered
170 Posts
Truck looks great. I would love to buy a new '05 in blue. I hate that I got my '99 right before the new ones came out. Do you still have your green tacoma? I wondering what kind of bull bar you had on the front of it? I'm interested in buying one - didn't know if maybe you parting out or anything.

Chris

·
Kill Yourself!
2,091 Posts
shortbus said:
C'mon Dan...do it! You gotta be the first SAS'd 05! :D

Yeah right, Why would I do that if I already have a 96 that's sas'ed. I was talking more on the lines of mild lift and/or engine mods.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
About this Discussion
23 Replies
13 Participants
jayotto4
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing