TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there guys, I'm new here and would like to see what you think of the lift i'm planning on doing. I did alot of searching on here, and came up with these Items. I really wanted more than 3" of lift, but after searching I found out that any more than 3" you are going to have to cut things on your frame, and its a major ordeal to install. So I'm basically going to go with 3" coil spacers on the front, and 3" AAL's on the back. Also the kit im getting comes with front diff drop. Here is a link to the kit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33585&item=7939042328&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Now once I get this I am under the impression that you don't need to upgrade your front shocks, but you do your rears. So I came up with the Bilstein 5100's. Item # BE5-6253-H5

And last but not least, once I have my lift I'm pretty sure the biggest tire I can fit is a 285-75-16. With the correct offset on the wheels.

If you don't mind please!!! give me your opinions on this. Is this the way to go? Is there a lift out there that offers more than 3" of lift that doesn't require cutting anything, or isn't that big of a deal to install? Instead of getting coil spacers should I go with an entire front coil setup from like fabtech or someone else? Thanks I greatly appreciate your opinions. And I'm glad to be on this forum!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
If you want 6in you can put a body lift on thier too... its not suspension but it gets the job done. I have a 3in BL on my truck and have had no problems with it whatsoever. No cutting of frame but an incrased ride height and room for bigger tires and cheap too :).

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
toytec is a great product...toytec is doing a holiday sale i think it's 160 shipped! Doug is a great guy just ask him about the kit and he'll tall you everything!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
like i said in many other threads....you get what you pay for...so if you want to get something that is good on and off road i'll recomand come type of coilover system...donahoe,camburg etc..but those can cost a bit more...donahoe 3" is 950 and camburg 2.5 is 950 and there is sway-aways about 650 i think..don't know for sure..and kings...it all depends on what u are gonna do with ur truck...and how much money u wanna put down..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I appreciate all your responses. I will have to call Toytec and see what they say. Once again. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
man there are a lot of typeo in my other 2 posts...lol...give doug a call or e-mail great service!!! He'll answer all the questions you have...

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Dude, if you are going to lift it, do it right and spend the money. I went the cheap Old Man Emu route and they we done within one year. Get some coilovers for the front then save up and do the rear. Spacers suck!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Timbuddha said:
Dude, if you are going to lift it, do it right and spend the money. I went the cheap Old Man Emu route and they we done within one year. Get some coilovers for the front then save up and do the rear. Spacers suck!!
Well I am really not an offroader. I really don't know anywhere to go offroading, but I am really just doing it for the looks. I like the looks of my truck, but think it looks better with a bit of a lift.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
If you are going spacers, definately go Toytec. Best spacer company out there for value and customer service in my opinion. I'm running their 3" spacers and it's a great setup, can't go wrong!

·
Registered
73 Posts
get the bilstein HD's for the front and don't get 3" AAl's....you'll be ass high. get 2.5" or 2" AAL as the front will settle at least a 1/2 ".

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I do go with the 3" spacers, and then put on a body lift. I know there are 1, 2 and 3" body lifts out there. Do they mess with your breake lines, or anything like that? I have heard they mess up the alignment of your automatic transmission selection light. Like the little orange indicator down by your shifter that tells you whether you are in P, N, D...... Or is that total BS? Is a body lift just a cheap easy no problem way to add 3" for bigger tires?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Timbuddha said:
How were they done in one year? Sag? I have had my 882s for a year and they are perfect, same height and everything. What problems did you run into? Running extra weight?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I looked into the Donahoes, and they look very promising, but if I did go with those, I might as well go with an entire rear leaf pack. If im going to go all out I may as well do it the right way. Does anybody know who sells an enitre rear leaf spring set with 3" if lift? I found 2", but not 3"

here is the 2" set
http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/tacomaleafsprings.htm

Or am I better off to just go with the 3" AAL's from Toytec?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
what he said...body lifts are a cheap way to get a good amount of lift...but it really depends on what u are going to do with ur truck....he doesn't need go get coilover system if he is just gonna drive it around the street...and go to trails once in a while...even though the coilover system would give a better ride...but if he's trying to save money because he's got a Bimmer...i would say go with 3" suspension lift and 1,2,or 3" bodylift...but it'll all depend on what you do with ur truck and how much you are willing to put down...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Alcan Spring company makes any custom application you want. The Deaver leaf pack from demello offroad or wheelers is what is specifically recomended to go with the donahoes. The rear of the truck is higher to begin with. If you want a nice level look then you should go with a lesser lift in the rear...say 2 in the rear and 3 in the front would look fine to me.
Brian

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
do you mean deavers? they are great...but not really meant for every day livling.. if you are planing to haul or load ur truck...they will suck...either go with custom leafpack from alcan or all-pro...heard good things out of those 2 companies...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
About this Discussion
60 Replies
29 Participants
Tufemup
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing