TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help finding a good lift (body or suspension) for my toyota tacoma 2003 prerunner. can anyone give me some pointers on where to look at or a URL or anything? thanks

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
search. What are you looking to do with the truck?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
to tell you the truth i really dont know anything about lifts so i dont know wat im looking for but i do know i want a 3".

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
LOL...wow everyone is going to have fun with this one.

You need to figure out what you want to do with your truck. Do you want to race in the dessert, have a show truck, rock crawl, or do trails and mud?

If you could tell the specs of your rig, it would be very helpful

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Bagow said:
I've got DR coilovers and an AAL in the rear with bilsteins and it rocks.
thats a pretty damn bulletproof setup...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i want it to be a show truck mainly, and its a 2003 2wd 4-cylinder Xtracab tacoma prerunner..does that help much?

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
go to customtacos.com...you will be hated here. Everyone here mainly wheels their trucks.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
kingxnicholas said:
well i want it to be a show truck mainly, and its a 2003 2wd 4-cylinder Xtracab tacoma prerunner..does that help much?
Ok don't take this the wrong way but this site may help you more. link

What size tires do you want to run and what is your current gear ratio?

When you lift the truck a lot of things are going to change. Since you are a prerunner you can go a full 3 inches on the suspension before doing a drop bracket. If you want more than 3 inches you will have to looking in to drop bracket kits like Fabtech or pro comp just to name a couple. I would stay away from body lifts over 1 inch.

·
Registered
2,865 Posts
kingxnicholas said:
alright then, thanks man
If you are looking to wheel the truck and aren't looking for flash there is a lot of good info here. The thing is this site I mainly for more wheeling side of things and if it is for show it doesn't fly very well here. If you ever feel like wheeling it hook up with some of the local members around you and they should be able to help you out there.

BTW taco leaf springs are really week in the back so don't do lift blocks in the rear. The blocks will only kill your springs faster and aren't as safe a a add a leaf or a new leaf pack.

·
Registered
342 Posts
kingxnicholas said:
to tell you the truth i really dont know anything about lifts so i dont know wat im looking for but i do know i want a 3".
I want 12", but the doc said he didn't have enough to work with.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts