TTORA Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
without getting bigger tires, or using after market shocks, what can i buy to just simply lift my truck and where can i find it? ok, i drive an '03 pre-runner 4x2. i can use a spacer kit along with aftermarket suspension though, right?

·
Registered
750 Posts
HBtaco said:
without getting bigger tires, or using after market shocks, what can i buy to just simply lift my truck and where can i find it?
I you aren't into serious off roading I would think a spacer kit would be best. Just lifts the body of the truck from the frame allowing for more tire clearance but doesn't require new suspension components (that I know of...) check out Revtek's lifts

PS - list what your truck is, this will help people direct you where to go.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
yep, you sound like a spacer kinda guy... revtec, toytec take your pick....

·
Registered
89 Posts
when you say "spacer" lift, I assume you are talking about body lifts right that don't mess with the actual suspension of the truck? typically, "spacer" lift is an inexpensive lift that places a polyurethane or aluminum spacer in or on the coilover, therefore lifting the suspension of the truck. just trying to clear up any confusion (at least i'm confused :confused: ) about what exactly you are trying to accomplish.

1) body lift and no suspension mods?

or

2) mild spacer lift that wouldn't lift your truck much and still allow you to retain stock tires and, if you wanted to skate by, rear shocks?

maybe i'm the only one who isn't real clear on the question......

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
spacer lift Joel! DAMN... haha, you still awake over there.... lets go hit some bars before they close...

·
Registered
89 Posts
City_Rider said:
I you aren't into serious off roading I would think a spacer kit would be best. Just lifts the body of the truck from the frame allowing for more tire clearance but doesn't require new suspension components (that I know of...) check out Revtek's lifts

PS - list what your truck is, this will help people direct you where to go.
a spacer lift huh West? :D sounds like confusion between body and suspension lifts to me....

oh, and bars tonight? ;)

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
PathBlazerTRD said:
a spacer lift huh West? :D sounds like confusion between body and suspension lifts to me....

oh, and bars tonight? ;)
nah, just sounds like City_Rider is confused.... its either a RevTec spacer... or a body lift. RevTec doesn't make em, that i know of.

After the bond fire tonight, i'm down for some bar hoppin.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
spacer lift goes on top of the coilover which causes the suspension to droop to bring up right height. body lift is installed on body mounts and does not have anything to due with your suspension. spacer lift > body lift

·
Registered
750 Posts
CWest said:
nah, just sounds like City_Rider is confused.... its either a RevTec spacer... or a body lift. RevTec doesn't make em, that i know of.

After the bond fire tonight, i'm down for some bar hoppin.
Thanks for clearing that up - for this one I was confused.

I was thinking of a spacer lift (such as Revteks) not a body lift. Bad wording on my behalf - Sorry for the confusion!

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
City_Rider said:
Thanks for clearing that up - for this one I was confused.

I was thinking of a spacer lift (such as Revteks) not a body lift. Bad wording on my behalf - Sorry for the confusion!
its cool, happens to us all at least once... then we never F-Up agian... ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.