TTORA Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I'm planning on lifting my truck soon, which will include a new leaf pack giving me about 2.5" in the rear. Before I do so though, I'm trying to get all of the extra parts I need together. I've read posts about bending brackets to give the rear brake line a bit more room to travel, but if I were to just replace the line what length would I need? I've also read about chaining together two stock lines, would this be better than just getting a fixed length?

All help and advice is greatly appreciated!

Chris

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
zeezromz said:
Hi All,

I'm planning on lifting my truck soon, which will include a new leaf pack giving me about 2.5" in the rear. Before I do so though, I'm trying to get all of the extra parts I need together. I've read posts about bending brackets to give the rear brake line a bit more room to travel, but if I were to just replace the line what length would I need? I've also read about chaining together two stock lines, would this be better than just getting a fixed length?

Chris
get a 24" line and be done with it. that will take care of you if you go higher in the future.

·
Registered
360 Posts
hytenor said:
get a 24" line and be done with it. that will take care of you if you go higher in the future.

Where can I pick one of those up? Just any parts store or from Toyota?

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts

·
Deal Master
2,773 Posts
zeezromz said:
Hi All,

Chris
IIRC- the rear stock line is about 16 inches- 10mm straight female to 10mm straight long threaded male
So you will want to extend the rear ATLEAST the amount you are gonna lift-
I would just go with a 24in line in the rear
You'll be fine with the front lines if you are keeping it 3in or less lift.

In addition to Peter Park's brake line source ($20 bucks/line + shipping)
Another option is to contact Keith (918) 607-3328
from http://www.xtremecrawlers.com (Tell him Phong Tran ref'd you)
He sells Crown Performance SS lines in about 8 different colors
The rear line only should run you $30 shipped

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
I got an extra stock brake line and am going to double it up. Cost was pretty cheap too.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
alabamatacomaguy said:
i got my extra brake line at wheelers offroad for 18 bucks i think, its the revtek extended brake line for up to 3-4 in lift
those are only 18" long, i believe.

·
Registered
279 Posts
You can also just connect two factory lines together. I have a 2000 with a 2.5" lift in the rear and bending the bracket on the frame gave me more than enough slack in the line.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
aor4x4 said:
I've got a 24" line ready to ship.. :rolleyes:
price?

I didn't know you carried them ;)

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
aor4x4 said:
32.00 plus a little freight..