TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is no way in hell i can afford an arb or shrockworks bumper, in a couple years i will reconsider, but i won't be going to hardcore with my taco anytime soon, but i just want to add some lights up front in the mean time. Has anyone seen any other lightbar other than the randyellis and kchilites? I would even consider making my own because i don't feel like spending $300 dollars on a piece of metal that will hold some lights up and add no protection to anything. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have a Westin Safari Light bar. It holds two 6 in lights and looks pretty sweet. I think it sits a little low on the bumper. Although I did some pretty crazy trails the other day and only a little scrapeage. I'm overall happy with it. It cost me around 140 and is relatively easy to install. one hour tops

·
Registered
375 Posts
cant remember who makes it... there is a license plate bracket that extends along the front of the bumper with enough room for two lights...called a light wing or sumthin
www.carr.com

saw a mount that goes under your 3rd brakelight too...no info on that tho

·
Registered
636 Posts
If I recall correctly, the RandyEllis is $200 and I don't think you're going to find anything less than that, unless you buy something used.

Yup, the RE lightbar is $199, check here

There is no way in hell i can afford an arb or
shrockworks bumper, in a couple years i will reconsider, but i won't be going to hardcore with my taco anytime soon, but i just want to add some lights up front in the mean time. Has anyone seen any other lightbar other than the randyellis and kchilites? I would even consider making my own because i don't feel like spending $300 dollars on a piece of metal that will hold some lights up and add no protection to anything. Any Ideas?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Told the parents to get me a light bar for x-mas, told em not a westin...lol, pops told em i said get the westen...

so i made it work...

like it so far...

·
Registered
483 Posts
westin bull bar, ebay brand new and fairly priced

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont know why, but im not too crazy about the bullbars, im shooting for the randyellis look.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just thought about it, but would the lightbar affect the ground clearance of the truck?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
if ya get the Randy or Demello or something like that, then it won't affect any clearances, but like the one i am runnin, it affects your approach angle. Not by much, but it does.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
would the randy ellis look good on my stock truck? i've only seen them on the truck that is lifted and with beefier tires, but im stock, and will be running stock for along wile till my tires wear out.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Sure, I think it would. My truck is lifted, but I have the same size tires as you and it looks ok. Of course a custom tube bumper with tons of clearance that matched my rear high clearance bumper that I don't have would look even better. :p

UPDATE: My is a KC, but it's the same light bar as the RE.

would the randy ellis look good on my stock truck? i've only seen them on the truck that is lifted and with beefier tires, but im stock, and will be running stock for along wile till my tires wear out.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
alright, i decided on the randy ellis, know i can't decide on either the candy chrome or black. I just ordered a smoked bugshield, so if u can picture that in there. heres a pic of my truck, help me decide!!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Did you click on the RE weblink? It shows it with a Tacoma just like yours with a smoke bug deflector in candy chrome pc. That is as close as you can get to a preview. I think black would not match the truck. You don't have really anything else black. The entire truck is silver so it's the obvious choice IMO.:D

·
Registered
952 Posts
I have been looking for a lightbar as well. I have some nice alloy PIAA amber fogs from my last truck sitting around.

Pro comp also makes a light bar. You need to drill holes for it though.

·
Registered
30 Posts
itsmeagain

I have the Randy Ellis bar in the powder coated silver. It's 199 and does not affect ground clearence, I also Have before and after lift pics with the bar installed. Any questions just PM me

Before lift
http://toyotatruckworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/ToyotaPosterBoy/82603.jpg
http://toyotatruckworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/ToyotaPosterBoy/86323.jpg

After lift
http://toyotatruckworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/ToyotaPosterBoy/96418.jpg
http://toyotatruckworld.tenmagazines.com/gallery/ToyotaPosterBoy/92597.jpg

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
lotust-That looks good, but im not too interested in a blue light bar, or drilling. I want something to where if i need to sell the truck, it can be put back to stock easily.

six- thanks, thats exactly what i was looking for, and what a nice difference from the before and after pics. looks great. know all i gotta do is picture the black sliders and smoked bugshield...

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I finally decided on a black bull bar. I didn't like the bullbar because every one I saw was chrome, and im not a bling kind of person. The black bull bar would look awesome with my black sliders coming in. Anyway, the cheapest i've found is a westin black bull bar for about $250 with shipping on ebay, if anyone knows of any other better deals somewhere, please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
is there a major difference between the aries and the westin bull bar?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts