TTORA Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the cheapest place to buy them? I tried the 24 hour autozone off of 59, and found nothing

·
Deal Master
2,773 Posts
IIRC- The bulbs behind my AC/Heater control panel as well as my glove compartment light used style #74

- It was available from my local autozone

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
grillmasterp said:
IIRC- The bulbs behind my AC/Heater control panel as well as my glove compartment light used style #74

- It was available from my local autozone
Which one did you go to?

·
Registered
143 Posts
NisAznMonk said:
Are these the lights I need for my 2001 DC? :confused:

while I'm at it...how about the speedometer lights? :)
You need the #74 lights....2 of them....for your AC cluster...for your instrument panel, you need the #194's....4 of them to be exact.

Since you have a '01, you have a orange film or whatever that makes your stuff look, well, orange. So, with that being said, I don't think you can convert your colors...unless you scrape that stuff off. You may want to check the custom tacos board to make sure.

·
Registered
77 Posts
You might also want to look into replacing them with the plug in #74 LED's they last like 10 times longer and use less power and if you get the ones with the inverted lense you get the best light pattern. check out www.superbrightleds.com I have a few other links but can't think of them right now.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Icepuck72 said:
If you want LED's, I got mine from www.autolumination.com

I purchased the blue ones, and they look great.
which style did you get? did you get the inverted lense ones or the regulars? just curious as to how your light pattern is on the pannel with whichever you got.

·
Registered
143 Posts
I've only replaced my AC cluster...which are the flat #74's. I haven't replaced my instrument lights yet...although I do have on bulb burned out and it's starting to get on my nerves...I will be replacing those with LED's, but I'm not sure which to get yet....I don't want the spot effect, so the inverted may be the way to go.

The blue does look nice though in the AC cluster.

·
Registered
143 Posts
jjrambo said:
which style did you get? did you get the inverted lense ones or the regulars? just curious as to how your light pattern is on the pannel with whichever you got.
I bought some LED's from superbrightleds.com and the ones I got...the smaller led's in the clusters started to burn out. These were for my parking lights, license plate lights and third brake light. I emailed them and they were like tough luck..

SO...I went to autolumination and got the same LED's for the same set up and I've had them for a year now...they're working just fine.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Icepuck72 said:
I bought some LED's from superbrightleds.com and the ones I got...the smaller led's in the clusters started to burn out. These were for my parking lights, license plate lights and third brake light. I emailed them and they were like tough luck..

SO...I went to autolumination and got the same LED's for the same set up and I've had them for a year now...they're working just fine.
autolumination is the other place i was trying to remember that has them. they also have a sister site, I'd have to look back on to customtacos.com to find it. I recently posted a lengthy deal on the whole LED stuff on there.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So if I just buy the white ones without peeling the orange off, it'll look just like stock? I'll be happy with that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
NisAznMonk said:
My 3 AC control light bulbs look like these.

Are these the ones I need? I plan on getting the superwhite.
You should only need 2 for your AC cluster....

Like I said earlier...if you have a '01 and up...you have that orange film behind your stuff..

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Icepuck72 said:
You should only need 2 for your AC cluster....

Like I said earlier...if you have a '01 and up...you have that orange film behind your stuff..
I thought there were 3, but i'll double check anyways. Thanks!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I replaced the instrument cluster lights in my 02 with some APC Blue #194 lights from O'Reilleys, and they dont come through quite blue because of the gauges having the orange tint on them. I guess the bulbs have also faded in about a year and a half, because in the beginning it was mostly blue, but now it is more of a green/yellow/orangish color. I am about to go install a stainless steel gauge bezel, and in the process I am going to put the factory bulbs back in if I can find them, they shine through alot better. It was kinda cool for a while, but now it just looks a little weird. If you really want to change the colors to blue, it would probably be best to just go ahead and buy an aftermarket gauge kit.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
About this Discussion
17 Replies
5 Participants
WoodTRD
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing