TTORA Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I came over this site and liked what i read.

I will be in the market for a yota when i get back from the gulf but for now i have a 98 Yamaha YZF600R and a 96 Harley sportster that is currently having the engine rebuilt. I first had a truck, Dodge Dakota, as my third vehicle when i was 18 and took it through some basic rocks as it was stock. Then in Washington 1.5 years ago took my buddies 89 yota out for a weekend and the bug bit, just havent been able to come up with the funds to do what i want.

What i will be looking for is a 2002ish Xtra cab Tacoma, right now i am looking at the 4x4 V6.

later

Brandon

·
Registered
89 Posts
You'll be happy with that generation if you are looking for something a little newer. 4x4 V6 (get the TRD too if you plan on wheeling) will be a great choice. Take care over in the Gulf and thanks for serving our country;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Welcome to the board and thanks for serving our great nation. An extra cab is a good choice because you get the six foot bed so you can haul your wheeler in it. The double cab is much better if you plan on carrying more than two people in your truck, but the bed is short. Too bad Toyota didn't make a double cab with a six foot bed (in those years, anyway). Good luck in your search for the perfect truck.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
get home as fast as you can...and take out as many of those radical islamist extremists as you can along the way...it will improve the world for everyone

and get to CO for some awesome off roading too...beers are on me

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
get home as fast as you can...and take out as many of those radical islamist extremists as you can along the way...it will improve the world for everyone

and get to CO for some awesome off roading too...beers are on me
thanks for the warm welcome and i will do my part on getting rid of those bastards and to get the others home fast.

i will make it a point some time to get to CO, i was thinking of moving to Fort Collins.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Howdy and Welcome. When in Bahrain don't forget to get that great ASU Burger. If you make it to Dubai stop by Poncho Villa's for me and have some of the worst Taco's in the Gulf?

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
thanks for the warm welcome and i will do my part on getting rid of those bastards and to get the others home fast.

i will make it a point some time to get to CO, i was thinking of moving to Fort Collins.
Welcome also. Thanks for serving, I did my time many years ago. Keep your head down!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Howdy and Welcome. When in Bahrain don't forget to get that great ASU Burger. If you make it to Dubai stop by Poncho Villa's for me and have some of the worst Taco's in the Gulf?
ahhh Bahrain been there plent of times, yeah the food isnt great but boy does it beat the ship food, under/over cooked and cold. i will take a salad please. and if i make it to Dubai i am sure you wont catch me in a place that serves food, unless they are peanuts.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
seems like you know what you want!

good luck

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I have a good idea of what i want and this site is being very helpful. i am a veteran of Honda-Tech.com, which is similar to this just for honda/acura. so far i went from know little to nothing about lifting a truck, i seriously didnt even know there were coil overs for trucks.... yeah it was that bad.

so far i think i want to go with a 3" back and front suspension lift, c/o front and leafs back. i have seen 6" lifts that i like i just dont know if that will be to much. Are there lifts in between 3 and 6? i havent dont to much research on it the question just came to my head as i was typing this but i will be doing it right after. i want to do this right the first time so i will being doing the joints and braces also. what i want out of the truck is something that i can go mudding and through trails with moderate rocks, i dont need to be crawling up faces that are 70+ degrees. i think 3" will be enough but i have little experiance with this so input would be helpful. the tire size i think i want go with are 33 or 35's but i am getting my perspective from pictures and also talking with people that i know with some experience. i am pinging on members with trucks that i like and asking what their set up is so i can get some better ideas.

Brandon

·
Registered
13,296 Posts

Well then let us know when you are getting to c-rado and we'll throw you a welcome home party. Also introduce yourself on the cottora forum!

http://www.ttora.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=99

·
Registered
11 Posts
There are lifts all the way from a 1.5 in all the way up to 6 I.E. 4 in Fabtech or my fav the Pro Comp.. I had a 2000 X-Cab TRD 4X4 and had a 2.5 in Daystar leveling kit. Basically it lifted the front 2.5 and the back 1.5. Gave it a awesome look and fit 32x11.5 tires under it without ever rubbing. On my 07 Tacoma I have a 3 in Pro Comp and honestly if I could change to the 2.5 Daystar I would. both of these lifts you can pick up for under $250 bucks Take care over in HELL and get to Colorado for the wheeling experience of a lifetime...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts