TTORA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so until now, I have been running my limit straps with a bolt through the frame:unsure:. I know everything has been limited properly so I went with it.
Now I have the TC clevis and shock tabs sitting here and need some help in where to mount them.

This first option would be the most straight forward and easy to do. Too bad it rubs the coil. I know limit straps are meant to be replaced, but would this be just too much wear?

The second option for me is to use up most of my adjustibility, and weld the tab high on the frame. Is it even safe to be welded that high? The I would weld a tab onto the arm (rotated 90 degrees from how I have it in the pic). The welder I have working on my truck might not have the resources to weld something like this, so I really dont want to go this route.

The third is like the second, but better in the fact that I have more adjustibility from shorter straps. My only question here is is it okay to weld that close to the hole in the frame?

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That was my first thought, but there is hardly any room. I have the older Camburg kit on this, its a Tundra, and it doesnt leave much room to put the tab, plus there arent a lot of option for the upper tab. The arm cuts almost straight from the rear LCA mount to the spindle.

·
Registered
700 Posts
ya know, i didnt concider this when i first looked at your pictures, but my straps are hooked up differently...

if you put both nuts on the top of the mount w/ the spring on the bottom of the mount, you can get a lot more adjustability than you were thinking... it wont fall out because you tighten the 2 nuts into eachother, and the spring keeps SOME tension on the clevis to keep it from clanking around too much. that's how i have mine set up, and the straps are still there, havent had a problem with it for over a year now.

possibly concider that, and see where you can tab it off the frame with your new straps. it just might put the clevis mount closer to where you wanted it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
ya know, i didnt concider this when i first looked at your pictures, but my straps are hooked up differently...

if you put both nuts on the top of the mount w/ the spring on the bottom of the mount, you can get a lot more adjustability than you were thinking... it wont fall out because you tighten the 2 nuts into eachother, and the spring keeps SOME tension on the clevis to keep it from clanking around too much. that's how i have mine set up, and the straps are still there, havent had a problem with it for over a year now.

possibly concider that, and see where you can tab it off the frame with your new straps. it just might put the clevis mount closer to where you wanted it.
That's how you're supposed to do it according to TC. That's how I have mine as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.